Chapter 3: Trying To Talk

Alexia's Point of View

Connor's first impression on me wasn't all that bad. I guess he's just shy with new people or maybe because of his past. I really want to know what happened to him but at the same time, I don't want to get into someone's business since I've only know them for an hour.

Right now, I am showing Connor where he will sleep. I had already shown him the whole house except our room. He's been quiet the whole time, on his phone, and nodding his head in agreement every now and then.

I open the door, turn the light on, walk in, and explain, "So, this is where you'll be sleeping. Your bed will be on the far left side of the room, which is closest to the bathroom. Your closet is the door next to the bathroom. 

The far right side of the room is my bed and my belongings. Your side of the room has a dresser if that's where you want to put your clothes instead of in the closet." I walked towards my bed and heard rustling on the other side of the room, so I guess it's Connor getting situated.

I sit on my bed, face him, and suggest, "So, tell me about yourself Connor."

"Why should I?" he asked bluntly while looking at his phone.

"Look, since you've probably been in a few Foster Homes, you probably don't have much to talk about. But, you can tell me-" I said until I got interrupted.

"Are you going to keep talking? Because if you are, you're wasting your voice since I'm not listening." he retorted while looking at me. Anger started to rise, but I have to stay calm. I have to let Connor get used to living here and have him settle in. Plus, it would be rude to yell at someone you've only known for a short period of time. Also, mom may get mad at me.

"Well," I started to say, "Tell me one thing about you. Just one thing."

"Fine." Connor sighed. "If I must. Okay, here's one thing, I always manage to somehow stay in the very top math class of every school even though I've transferred a few times. Even though it may or may not be hard to believe, but I'm in a Honorary Math Class Senior/College Level that will be next week and I'm only 16."

"How?" I ask feeling curious. I never knew a Sophomore could do that. Then again, I never tried, plus I really don't pay attention to the saw t stuff sometimes. I only get C's, rarely B's, sometimes, D's.

"Well, if you study more, you're off your phone more, you concentrate more, you pay attention more, and most of all, you try your best no matter what. Plus, I have a perfect 4.0 GPA." he explained as it was obvious to me.

I thought you could get higher? Huh. I guess I really do need to pay attention more. I thought.

"So, tell me one thing about you." Connor asked while not making contact with me.

"Um...I like science class." I responded back. I really can't think of anything at the top of my head right now.

"So," I started to say, "I know I told you to tell me only one thing about you, but-"

"Seriously!?" he started to say while looking at me with his phone in his hand. "You only asked me one thing! I didn't promise you to tell you another. Plus, why do you talk so much?" I just stared at him wide eyed as he walked out of the room. About a minute later, I heard the from door close. I guess that's Connor leaving right now with one of his friends.

☆★°•☆★°•AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm sorry that this chapter is so short! I'll try to make the next one longer, but I can't promise! Who do you think Connor is going to hang out with. Where do you guys think he's going? Make sure to like, comment, and vote! Plus, tell me what you think and give me any suggestions! If I use one of them, I'll mention you for that! The Notes and chapter are 708 words!☆★°•☆★°•