29 - Mermaid

Rin's POV:

"Riiinnnggg!!!"

It's four in the morning when my alarm clock sounded. I have to get early so I could make breakfast and go swimming as early as possible.

"Lalalalaaa..."

I go into the kitchen to cook one of my favorites: Pancakes, omelette and fried rice with a cups of hot chocolate. And I was going to call my friends to come outside and have our breakfast, I saw Azusa on her wheelchair at the beach side, seeing the beautiful rising of the sun. I go out to check her out...

"Hello, Azusa-chan. Good morning!"

"Eeek! You scared me!" Azusa is startled by my calling. "Anyway, good morning! What are you doing here?"

"Well...I'm about to call you for breakfast. How about you...why you are here in the beach looking at the sunrise?"

"Well...this is actually that I do...everytime I wake up early, especially from an unfamiliar place like this, sunrise is always the first thing I want to see. It always reminds me that everything will be alright, regardless of what will happens next."

I joined her in watching the sunrise...yeah...she right...the sunrise is so significant that it temporarily forgets the worries that I have in my mind...

"Rin-chan, how about we eat our breakfast here? It's breezing cool here!" Azusa invited me.

"Oh, really? Sure! Hehehe!" I giggled by her offer. "But how do we transfer our breakfast here?"

"Don't worry, I got this. Morbi Obiecta!!!"

Immediately after she enchants the spell, the table that holds the food that I make floated from my kitchen and it slowly moves and lowered down into the beach...

"Hehehe! That's what I expected from you." I complimented her spell. "Come on! Let's eat!"

Everybody is called to eat their breakfast and they were really satisfied with my cooking. They even had put too much condiments on it! Hehehe!

The sun shines very brightly when we started to plunge into the cool water. As I play with Danielle and Regine on a ball, I noticed that Akihiko and Azusa are doing...

"Here...just swing your arms circularly..." I saw Akihiko and Azusa floating in the deep part of the water, with Azusa working with her armwork very nicely...while Akihiko was about to sprinkle her with water to prank her but...

"Gotcha!!!" Azusa splashes Akihiko with water first. "I knew that you will do that! Hehehe!!!"

"Hehehe! You got me....Hiya!!!" And Akihiko answers back with another wave of water.

And from then on, Akihiko and Azusa are exchanging splashes of water accompanied with some laughs until...one tidal wave hit the beachside and drags Akihiko away towards the deepest part of the sea...

"Hey! I'm being dragged! Help me! Hel-blublublublu...."

As Akihiko is being pulled to the bottom...Azusa was left startled and speechless; but after recomposing herself...

"Vetita Novae Caesareae Carmen Ascia...Syreni Transformatio!!!"

Slowly... Azusa's lifeless legs morphed into a tail of a fish. And without hesitation, Azusa wiggled her tail to swam into the water and save Akihiko.

"Wait! I'll join you!" I quickly swam into the water to accompany Azusa.

We joined hands together as we tracked where would Akihiko be. We can't able to see him because of the rough waters...and we look down...we only see darkness...until a hand suddenly appeared in front of us...