Chapter two

I smiled to myself thinking of those times, what a great life I had.
I decided to go visit jakes sister in the hospital, even though I was alone, she wS really the only one I had wanted to see. Her and Jake were so close.

Then the memories of the night of me and brice at a party, it had been my birthday, I had wanted to do something special, but brice said he had to work, then he said he would beet me at a little cafe on the corner, I had been so happy and felt like the luckiest girl ever.

I sat there in my pretty new white dress, tumbling with the white flower in the side. For an hour I waited, letting the music blend into the background as our table saved to two became a table of one.

My whole birthday was waisted on that jerk as I tried to reach him through his phone, but all my calls/texts went unanswered.

Then Jenna had told me to come to a party, it was nearly 11, and I walked four blocks in my sky high hills. And I hate absolutely hate walking by the way. "Oh Andy, I'm so glad you make it" Jenna gushed throwing herself at me and hugging me hard, "where you been"

"Just at the cafe"

"Why" her voice was full of wonder, her eyes grew wide, "I forgot it's your birthday, Jenna cheered letting the whole room know it.

All faces turned in my direction, but there was one that I pulled out of the crows, his protect, yet so annoyed face broke into my young stupid heart.

Brice was at a party, but why? I saw another face, and the face was oddly close to him, it was BRIT.

"Britney," I said a little too loud, "what's wrong" Jenna asked her face was nervous, I pointed at the couple on the couch, and I heard her huff, "how dare he."    My throat ached, I had felt so played, why had I just sat there and watched him play me, I was to embarissed to even show myself at the party any longer and just left.

.............

I sat by jakes sister, there was a pot of yellow flowers on the table next to her, big bright yellow flowers. "Hey Emma" I whispered, I gripped her limp hand in mine, "I miss you" my voice was quiet and shaky.

She just sat there, not doing anything, I had no clue what to think, how happy I would be if she woke up, if she laid up and said, Andy, I'm alright, go get my brother.

Minutes passed, I just sat there watching her, she laid there, I glanced at the machine, the lines were bouncing up and down. Outside, the Palm trees blue, assortments of cars passed by, a little boy chased a basketball down the road, running into clumps of bushes.

I checked the time, 11:30, maybe I could get lunch in the hospital cafeteria and bring it up. I wanted to be here when she woke up, it was my goal. "Catch ya after lunch" I said to Emma before dashing out of the room.