00 || preface

Everley Ronan's the type of girl who's always had her life in control - hardworking, intelligent and sometimes a control freak (or rather, all the time), she's the person who's always had everything all sorted out. That is, until she decided to confess her feelings to Caleb, the guy she's had a crush on since freshman year.

However, when things don't go according to plan and take an unexpected turn, she finds herself involved in a crazy plan, one which enlists Xander Myers, who just so happens to be the school's arrogant and cold boy.

"I have a proposition for you."

The words seemingly piqued Xander's interest and there was a curious expression on his face.

He arched an eyebrow.

"What sort of proposition?"

"One that benefits the both of us."

He rolled his eyes, "I kind of gathered that. I don't think you'd be stupid enough to think I'd agree to it otherwise."

I bit my lip.

"Be my boyfriend."

* * *

discovering everley is my first story, i'm not the best writer, sometimes i'll make mistakes, and often i'll get so sick of rereading and editing my work that i'll choose to publish it instead.

in saying this, i hope you'll all still enjoy reading my story (despite all its possible flaws)

the story is based in america, hence i actually spent a solid few days researching the education system there, so if there's any errors there, i apologise profusely (i'm from australia, and know very little outside of the stereotypical american high school seen in films and tv)

feel free to correct me of any typos or spelling mistakes (although, note there might be alternative spellings used e.g 'colour' instead of color, 'mum' instead of mom, etc)

i'm very self conscious when it comes to writing, sometimes a bit of a perfectionist (despite never being able to obtain perfection) so i'll probably always be editing bits here and there, although nothing major and if so, i'd inform you guys in advance.

thank you all so much for reading (i love you endlessly), and while it's not mandatory i'll always appreciate it if you guys could leave me some form of feedback for the story - whether it's small or big, a comment or a vote, it really enables me to get an understanding of how you guys feel and some sort of interaction. :)

lastly, if i find anybody copying or plagiarising my work which i have slaved over, spent SO much time on in trying to perfect it, work that is MINE in its own and every right, i won't hesitate to take action. so if any of you guys come across such a thing, (pretty) please let me know because these are the things that might stop me from writing altogether.

okay, on a plus note, i'm going to stop talking now and let you continue. happy reading (if you haven't left already)!

x

warning;

this story might contain mature themes, sexual references and most definitely (at one point or many) swearing.