The Silo Infestation

As I fell endlessly through the frigid darkness of the void, I could feel my strength leaving me. My memories of friends and family were ripped away from me and turned into gray bubbles showing my memories with no color. It joined other lifeless bubbles, no doubt other memories of past victims. Just when-
Well, let me start from the beginning. My name is Intrepidus. I live in a small village in a huge plains biome. In this village, I was in charge of food distribution, food growing, and everything that has to do with food. The village was peaceful at daytime. In my free time, I would stare at the flowers and horses swishing their tales and grazing with the cows and sheep. Yes it was peaceful at the village. Then there was nighttime. People died at night . You see, being a human, I had to protect the defenseless villagers. But mistakes did happen, even with my friends, Aster and Strider. As a result several lives were lost . But we were the best protection they had. And the villagers did their share of work. They harvested and planted the crops. But my life completely changed one day.
"Ok," I said, "We'll build a silo there to store 10 stacks of wheat and another right there!" I said pointing to a grassy area.
"Great!" said Aradvoir, the king of the village, "Try to get it done by the end of this week."
"Strider, Aster and I will get to work on it!"I said cheerfully.
"Excuse me now," Aradvoir said, "I've got a deal to make with the neighboring towns." He walked off pompously. While I was deciding what material to make the silos out of, Strider came up behind me gasping for breath. When he caught up, he started in all at once. It was like a wave washing over me. So much information given in so little time.
"Slow down!" I said "Start over. Slowly" Strider thought and then began.
"Remember the melon count you asked me to take yesterday?" he asked. I nodded, remembering quite well.
"There were 629 melons total."
"That's great news!" I said.
"Well, I checked today, and we have 588 melons now!" his tone was desperate.
"Thieves?" I asked.
"The wolves have found no scent of a human. I suspect a Silverfish infestation!"
"Well gosh Strider!" I said, "Just go tell Patrick about it! He'll be delighted to help!" Patrick was the pest control of the village. Got a silverfish infestation? He's the guy to call. He was also an absolute enthusiast over the things. In his hut in an isolated part of the village was FILLED with silverfish, spiders, and cave spiders. He had somehow learned how to talk to them.
"Right!" said Strider, obviously frightened by my fit. He was off as fast as an Ocelot. Well, back to my duties. I'd decide to make the silos out of andesite and stone. Now came the work.

"Ok, Intrepidus," said Aster, " guard the Western part of town. Strider get North." Another sunset meeting at Aster's house. Being the Head of Guard, Aster planned our defense strategies for the knight. She always assigned me to build redstone weapons (TNT cannons, Arrow dispensers). Strider checked on them before the night's events took place. The musty smell of oak wood planks wasn't comforting to us as we wondered if we would survive the night.
"FOR THE VILLAGE!" screamed Aster in a war cry.
"FOR THE VILLAGE!" we shouted back. We went outside and the brisk cold air was refreshing. The night would've been pleasant if it weren't for the groaning of zombies. I went to the West area if town and kept a look out. I faced a dark forest. The leaves shook ominously as I awaited the coming attack. For 10 minutes nothing happened. Then from the darkness of the forest emerged my first enemy of the night, a zombie dressed in a leather helmet. I let him approach. He lumbered over slowly, his thirst for human blood unquenchable. I gave him a sense of having the edge in this fight. As he approached I put him out of his false sense of security with a swipe from my Smite V sword. Not sharpness, but it got the job done. That's when the mob came. Arrows whizzed out if the dark depths of the forest. My shield went up. Arrows had no effect on me when my shield was up. They simply bounced off of it. Shields didn't last all that long. That's why Unbreaking was important in one of these night defend missions. Spiders jumped from the trees, their pincers clicking hungrily. Dozens upon dozens of zombies poured out of the forest, skeletons close behind continuing their fire. Then the first one reached me. An overconfident spider leading the rest made a jump aimed at my head. Suddenly switching from my defensive pose, I lunged at the spider. It turned red and disintegrated mid jump. A spider eye and some string were it's remains. I grabbed the spider eye, figuring I could use it to make a poison potion. I looked up to see an arrow flying through the air right at me! I jumped over it by doing a backflip and in mid jump, I switched to my Power V bow and returned fire. My deadly aim have the boney monster an arrow to the head. It disintegrated, like the spider, and left bones and arrows. I grabbed the arrows for an armor station I was planning to build. Then the mob reached me. I had to stay in front if the onslaught. Here, my bow was key. I shot into the mob, usually killing one. Every once in a while, a spider would jump out from the crowd, and I'd pull out my sword and kill it in a few swings of the sword. Sometimes a skeleton arrow would emerge fly above the heads of the other monsters, and I would put up my shield. Everything was under control. I noticed an Enderman walking away holding polished andesite. Where had that come from? At any rate, then black, slender figure wasn't attacking me, so I didn't attack it. I focused on the main problem. Although a single blow I gave a mob was a one hit kill, I was forced to back up every once in a while. This meant that I was almost in the village. Then the zombies could eat as many villagers as they wanted. Not good. I brain stormed my possible options. I vaguely remembered a benefit of duel wielding a sword and a bow. Didn't sword enchantments affect bow performance? I put my sword in my left hand and fired my bow with the right. The zombies and skeletons started vanishing quicker. White dust particles from fallen mobs became more frequent! I kept firing my bow into the mob. Soon creepers and spiders were all that were left. I put my shield in my left hand, making my bow effective on these mobs. Creepers fell in one hit. Spiders were sent to high heaven as soon as the bow was shot. Soon there were mobs left, and I collected my loot. String for traps, gunpowder for TNT, and rotten flesh for feeding dogs (You think that's cruel ? Dogs LOVE the stuff). Just as I was looking through my loot, a slender hand shoved me against a wall and looked at me directly in the face, it's purple eyes boring into my soul. I avoided all eye contact, knowing that it would aggravate the strange creature even more.
"Soon Fearless, soon," it said in it's raspy voice "our mission will be complete, and you, your village, and this world will be reduced to dust." There was a moment of tension, and then it was gone in a burst of purple particles.