Ch. 1 - Avalona

Lona, or to be more exact Avalona of Ishmael, paraded through the streets with her head high.
The commoners swept along the streets, craning to get a view of their Crown Princess, but she never gave them a second glance. She was too high classed for such pheasants. They worked the fields and she enjoyed the produce. How else should it be? She was royalty. She was a noble, third only to the King and Queen themselves.
The dirty men, women and children called her name. Full name, of course. Commoners were never to shorten a royal's name. It was not their place.
Avalona sat on her fancied thrown atop her personal carriage. Castle guards sat around her, swords at the ready. Graceful white stallions pranced along, pulling the transport.
All around them, her name was cried out in a chant.
"Princess! Princess Avalona!" They cried.
But the elegant girl wouldn't so much as blink for them. She held her chin high, as if in proof of her superiority.
I can hold the posture of a royal. What do you have?
As if in answer to her unasked question, the crowd began to throw their belongings as offerings to the Princess. Purses, coins, even articles of clothing.
As if the Princess were in need of any of it. She could have it all in one request. She was Crown Princess Avalona of Ishmael. She was higher than any. Her wish was their command.
And she knew it.

How do you think this will go? 😉