At New Year

Hermione's mind was swirling with all the new information that she had. While there was a part of her that was rather disappointed that she would have to travel to the States to start her work on her 'New Project', she was mostly excited at the prospect. She had strict orders that she could absolutely not tell anyone, especially her friends, about this new development.

That all went out of the window as soon as she entered the kitchen of Grimmauld Place. Harry's wide I'm-as-hammered-as-Peeves grin welcomed her, flanked with the Blonde Brooder Malfoy and Ron's cross-eyed expression. Who knew that the Malfoy boy was an emotional drunk and that Ron was completely incapable of human speech when there was an excess of alcohol in his system. Neville and Luna were sitting along the end of the long table, immersed in conversation, but looking cozy.

Neville and Luna had repeated their last year at Hogwarts with her and they had bonded even more, along with Blaise and Theo, who had been the only Slytherins repeating the year. Things had been rather stiff among the 'eighth years' but there had been a mutual understanding among them. A silent one.

Draco had also been willing to let go of his past grudges, not that his personality had improved much. He was still the same obnoxious prat, only less insulting towards those within their merry little circle. Plus, he was a rather intelligent conversationalist, when it came to that. George had also found surprisingly eager customers in the slytherins; they were always up for fun pranks.

After school had finished, Hermione and Lavender had joined the Ministry, while Ron and Harry had started training in the Auror Department one year previously. Blaise had enrolled for a Muggle degree in Bio technology of all things, while Theo handled the financial accounts of the four wealthiest families of the Wizarding World.

Neville was training at Hogwarts for his dream job, under Proffessor Sprout, while Luna had joined the Apothecary right after school. She was collecting money for her tour for research purposes. Which was what they were talking about when Hermione entered. They cheered her drunkedly and Hermione revelled in the freedom of finally removing her heels.

It was nine in the morning next day, when everyone was stirring, that she decided to drop the bombshell.

She was probably a bit drunk still, since she decided it would be a great idea to wake everyone by opening Mrs. Black's curtains.

"MUGGLE FILTH IN THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS! INCOMPETENT BLOOD TRAITORS! CHILDEREN OF VILENESS AND DUST! CREATURES OF DIRT! DESTROYING THE HONOR OF MY RESPECTFUL HOUSE! MUDBLOODS AND BLOOD TRAITORS ALIKE! BRINGING FILTH AND BESMIRCHING-"

"Oh my God, PLEASE!"

"Someone in the name of Merlin, CLOSE IT!"

"What the FUCK Hermione?"

Hermione grinned hugely at a very pissed off Draco, who stood in the doorway of the kitchen, hands covering his ears, and his eyes scrunched up in obvious pain.

"Just give her a minute until everyone is up."

"Are you still drunk Hermione?! Or have you finally gone mad?!" Ron shouted above the shrieks of the old woman, his eyes so bloodshot that they were darker than his hair. He stood next to Draco, in the same position, only looking somehow more in the pain than the other. She grinned at him too.

Within five minutes, everyone had grumbled up, Luna had put up the kettle, Lavender assisting her, because of course they didn't trust Luna in the kitchen. Then she shut off the shouting portrait and returned to the kitchen. They were all shooting different levels of glares at her, while slowly gathering around the kitchen table, still smelly and probably half-drunk. When the tea was made and served, and after Blaise had graciously offered everyone sips of the Hangover Potion, they sat facing her expectantly.