Chapter 3

DarkTail could feel the cool breeze sweep through her fur, as she watched the Warriors and their Apprentices practice on the training grounds. She was told to watch Airpaw very closely, as she was doing very well lately. Most of the cats were intimidated by DarkTail, she was a terribly strong cat. Streamstar was one of the few that was not cautious around her, but she did respect her deputy. SpiralCoat however.... She was an odd one. DarkTail locked her gaze upon Poolpaw, a brown tom, who seemed to feel her gaze on his fur, seeing as his body tensed. DarkTail chuckled to herself, finding it amusing how these silly cats got so nervous around her. It was a compliment to her, a sign of respect. A sign of her power.

Making her way back into the camp, she was greeted by the Medicine Cat, SpiralCoat, who seemed a bit... out of it. DarkTail raised an eyebrow. "Something happen?", she meowed. The purple-coated cat nodded. "Foxfire, the medicine cat if the HailClan, has gotten sick. I need to help her, DarkTail. The Warrior Code allows me to do so, we cannot leave her there. However, I can't go alone. It's dangerous for me to go into another clan's territory on my own. I need a strong cat to accompany me.", she explained. "Let me guess, you want that cat to be me?", DarkTail muttered, stating te obvious. SpiralCoat nodded, a worried look on her face. "You are our strongest cat, I'm sure everything will go fine.", she meowed. DarkTail sighed. "Alright, I'll come with you, as long as Streamstar agrees, got that?", the growled. "Thank you! Lets go ask her right away!", SpiralCoat exclaimed cheerfully, before running off into the direction of Streamstar's den. DarkTail rolled her eyes, there's her usual demeanor again...

Arriving at the leaderms den, SpiralCoat stuck her head into the opening, while DarkTail just rolled her eyes. "Streamstaaaaaaar, I have to ask you for permission to do something!", the light-purple coated cat meowed loudly, startling the poor leader. After regaining her composture, the white she-cat nodded, making her way out of the den. "So, what seems to be the problem?", Streamstar asked, her calm, friendly eyes boring into the bright purple eyes of the Medicine Cat. "W-Well, you see, HailClan is having an issue. Foxfire, their medicine cat has gotten ill. I need to help her, Streamstar! They haven't got the right herbs to cure her, but we do! Please allow DarkTail to tag along with me, for my safety!", SpiralCoat explained. Streamstar nodded and closed her eyes. "I see, that does seem like quite the problem", she opened her eyes again and purred softly. "Alright, I will allow it." SpiralCoat's eyes lit up in gratitude. "Thank you, Streamstar! We'll be leaving right away!", she meowed loudly, before running off to get the nessecary herbs. DarkTail shifted her gaze from SpiralCoat to Streamstar. "Are you sure the Clan will be okay without us? Both deputy and Medicine Cat gone could be a potential weakness.", she meowed softly, a hint of worry in her voice. Streamstar softly poked her Deputy's side with the tip of her tail. "Don't you worry, DarkTail, with their own Medicine Cat being sick, surely HailClan won't do anything. We will be just fine.", she purred. DarkTail nodded. "I understand, we will be back as soon as we can.", she announced, and went into the direction of the Medicine Cat, who was waiting for her at the Camp's entrance.

"It shouldn't be too long of a trip.", SpiralCoat exclaimed, jumping over a big rock that was in the way of the path. "We should be back by tomorrow morning, if everything goes well.". "Let's hope that that's the case...", DarkTail sighed. "Hey, c'mon, ms. Grumpy Whiskers! Cheer up.", SpiralCoat meowed loudly, poking the gray cat in the side. DarkTail rolled her eyes. "Tch, don't call me that, stupid cat.", she grumbled. SpiralCoat laughed, before launching herself forward. "You have an awful lot of energy today...", DarkTail raised an eyebrow at the cat, who nodded and waved her tail back and forth in a cheerful manner. SpiralCoat jumped onto the trunk of a fallen tree. "Look, DarkTail, there it is! The HailClan's territory!", she meowed, pointing her tail in the direction of the landscape. Following the direction of SpiralCoat's tail, DarkTail stared at the land. It was different from their forest. An open field, instead. Heck, she could see cats in the distance. "Alright, lets go. We have no time to waste. I do not wish to be here longer than nessecary", she hissed, jumping down from the tree and making her way towards the other territory. SpiralCoat followed, looking a bit worried. "I hope Foxfire is doing okay...", she mewled softly as she crossed the clan's borders.