Chapter 1

Ben's POV

I sigh as I walks up the hill. Once I makes it up and sits down in a rock. I close my eyes.

'Once again I had another sucky day at training.' I think. 'Although I'm Master Luke's nephew, I'm not  top of the class like I should be.'

I hear a rustling noise behind me. I stand up with my lightsaber at the ready. A little girl walks out of the bushes. I sigh and put up my lightsaber.
I bend down so I'm the same height as the small girl. "Are you lost?" I ask her.

She shakes her head, "no I followed you up here." She said rocking on her heals. I look at her.

"You shouldn't be up here. Master Luke won't know where you're at. How old are you," I say.

"I'm six," she said walking over to me. "How old are you?"

"I'm fourteen," Ben aid sitting down on the ground. She sits next to me. "What's your name," I say smiling at the little girl.

"I'm Rey!" She said bouncing up and down.

"Well, I'm Ben," I say laughing at the girl.

This little girl who follow me up here had made my day. I stand up. She looks up at me and stands up too. "It's getting late. Let's go back down to camp," I say. She grabs my hand and we take off down the hill.

When we make it back down Rey let's go of my hand and wraps her arms around my legs, "Bye Ben!"

She runs off with her little friends. I walk away smiling. That little girl was cute and quirky. I feel someone grab my shoulder. I turn around. "Hey Uncle Luke."

"Hello Ben. I saw you walking down with Rey. She's Obi Wan's granddaughter," Luke said looking back at Rey running with her friends.

"She really cute isn't she," I say laughing.

"Yes, and it seems that you've cheered her up."

I look at Uncle Luke confused. "Cheered her up?"

"Ah, yes. Her parents were killed not too long ago. So her grandfather brought her here."

"Oh. Well Uncle Luke it's almost curfew. I better get back to my room," I say walking away.

I get to my room and open the door. I walk over to my dresser and open a drawer. I take out a box and sit on the bed with it. I take out a note.

"I'll be there for your birthday, I promise," I read out loud. "Lie."

I takeout another one. "I'll be there for the parent banquet, I promise," I say. "Another lie."

I read through all of them. All of them were lies. I take a letter off of my bedside table. I open it. "I'm sorry I missed you're birthday. I'll come see you soon. I love you," I say in a mocking tone. "Another lie to add to my box," I say placing the letter in the box. "Thanks a lot dad."

I put the box back in its place. I get in bed and lay down. I think about Rey and how she didn't have any parents. At least I had mine. I sigh and turn over in bed, hoping to see Rey tomorrow.