Chapter 8

Rey's POV

I stand surrounded by maids taking my measurements. I watch as the scribble down notes. I hear the door open. In walks my husband to be.

"You shouldn't be in here," I spat at him. "You're not supposed to see my dress."

"I'm not here to see your dress. I'm here to check on you," Lucifer says walking towards me.

"I'm was fine until you got here. Now wait being an idiot and leave." I say crossing my arms.

"Are you ready for the wedding?"

"No! I'm only sixteen, I shouldn't get married for two more years," I yell at him.

"Too late sweetheart. Tomorrow we get married," Lucifer says cupping my face in his hand.

I slap him away. I dismiss the maids and turn to him.

"I hate you! You're forcing me to get married to you when I'm only sixteen! I wish I died when you threw me from that tree. All you've ever done is hurt me. I hope you die," I scream at him.

He steps back as if I struck him across the face. His eyes suddenly grow angry. I realize what I've done. I step back trying to get away from him.

"Lucifer stop, please," I beg.

I run towards the door in fear of being hit, kicked, or beaten. He freezes me in place. I clench my eyes as he walks towards me.

He lashed out and slaps me across the face. I fall down on the ground. He grabs me by the chin and forces me to look at him.

"I thought you had learned to respect me? I'll leave you to finish your dress," Lucifer says letting me go.

The maids run back in. They cover up my bruise with make up. They finish taking measurements and I choose the fabric.

They walk out and I'm alone. I walk over to my bed and cry myself to sleep.

Ben's POV

I sit down outside watching Poe give Grace flying lessons. I smile as grace lands the ship and jumps out. She runs straight towards me.

"Did you see my flying!" Grace yells jumping up and down.

"You were amazing Grace, I bet you'll give Poe a run for his money one day," I laughing.

I bend down so Grace can jump on my back. She hops on my back and we run off. I see my mother running down the hallway towards me.

"Ben! Come with me quickly," my mother says stopping in front of me.

I bend down and Grace jumps off my back. We follow my mother to wherever she taking us.

"Mom, what's going on?" I ask walking into a room full of people working on computers.

"We've found her," Mother says simply.

"Found who... Wait," I say coming to a realization.

"Yes Ben, we found Rey," mother says b

A smile grows across my face. I turn to Grace. I can see her smiling too. It seems she likes Rey even though she's never met her.

"Wait there's more," mother says.

She nods to on of the workers. A projection pops up. I look at it. It seems to be a broadcast of some sort.

"Lord Velnias and Rey Kenobi are to be married tomorrow. The couple will be married on Coruscant. It will take place at three-thirty tomorrow afternoon," the broadcaster says.