One

There wasn't much to do at six a.m. on a Saturday morning except watch some random infomercial. Which is exactly how Glenn found Y/N. She was curled up on the couch while some lady on the TV droned on and on about the latest state of the art kitchen gadget.

"Y/N, baby, why are you up so early?" Glenn questioned. At the sound of her fiancés voice Y/N jumped; she wasn't expecting him up for another hour or two. "Baby?"

Sensing the slight irritation in his voice Y/N motioned for him to come join her on the couch, which he did. Glenn sat on the couch and pulled Y/N closer to him, now with her head laying on his chest he asked once more; "Why are we up so early?"

Y/N yawned once before speaking. "I just couldn't sleep is all." She yawned again before settling against Glenn's chest and letting his heartbeat lull her to sleep.

Glenn smiled down at her as he watched her eyelids flutter before settling and her breathing became even. He took the time to admire his fiancée, from the way her eyebrows pulled together during an unpleasant dream to the way she fit perfectly in his arms.

----

"Y/N, you've got to wake up." Glenn's voice and shaking of her shoulder pulled her from her dream. And as much as she hoped and prayed that he was waking her up so she could get ready for work she knew that no amount of hope of prayers would do any good. She's be in the same tent she'd been in for months, in the same clearing with the same people while the world went to hell.

"Baby, you've got to wake up. We've got a run today." Glenn stated while continuing to shake her shoulder. Y/N groaned again and still didn't open her eyes. She honestly hated going on supply runs because the risk of her or Glenn, or anyone in the group for that matter, getting hurt it astronomical. But the group needed supplies and she and Glenn had to help round them up.

"I'm awake. Now please stop shaking me." Y/N muttered, her eyes still shut tight.

"I will pick you up if you don't get out of this tent." Glenn threatened, and Y/N knew that he wasn't joking. For as scrawny as he looked Glenn could, and would, throw her over his shoulder. To avoid that and any embarrassment that would come with it she opened her eyes but still didn't move. Glenn sighed when Y/N didn't move, he knew that things were getting harder for her, but he also knew that you couldn't let your emotions get to you during a time like this, it wasn't safe for anyone if they controlled you.

"We're leaving in fifteen minutes weather you're ready or not." Glenn snapped before walking out of the tent, leaving Y/N alone, again.

It took Y/N less than five minutes to get dressed. An old pair of jeans that were now more blood and dirt that denim, a shirt that she didn't know who it belonged to anymore, her gun holstered to her thigh and a machete at her hip. As she walked out of the tent she could see Glenn, T-Dog, Andrea, and a couple others waiting for her, most of them with scowls present on their faces, including Glenn. Y/N shot him a quizzical look, his only response was to turn away from her and pretend like he was talking to T-Dog. She brushed it off, but vowed that if he didn't pull that stick out of his ass then he was going to regret it. After five more minutes of planning and Glenn ignoring Y/N they set off to Atlanta.

----

Y/N sat with the others in the small boutique waiting for Glenn to return from where ever he'd gone. While she and Glenn were in the convenient store a horse and its rider had passed by, followed closely by a horde. The sheer size of the horde had terrified Y/N, who had wanted to go straight to the boutique and warn the rest of the group, but Glenn had wanted to go find the horse and its rider and warn them about the other danger waiting further in Atlanta. Their opposing views led to the situation they were in now; Y/N was waiting around like a sitting duck while Glenn was out there putting himself in danger.