Three

Y/N gasped when they pulled up to a gate of a prison. She could see a couple of people at the fence and immediately recognized one of them as Carol but the other woman she had no idea who she was. But she didn't care, she was back with the people she called family. Daryl left his bike idling while the women opened the gate, the unknown woman looked confused, probably wondering who the hell was on the back of Daryl's bike, but Carol looked like a child one Christmas morning. Y/N could feel Daryl's laugh run through him as he saw the shock register on the older woman's face.

"Oh my god!" Y/N heard Carol exclaim as the bike cut off. Y/N wanted to giggle too, but she was still letting it sink in that people she knew, people she loved were standing in front of her.

Y/N had started to say something, but she was crushed in a hug from Carol. "I'm so glad you're back."

"Me too." Y/N whispered, hugging her back. "Me too."

"Carol, take her inside." Y/N heard Daryl say before the sound of his boots faded away. Carol pulled out of the hug before practically jogging towards the prison.

"Carol, can I ask you something." She asked as they got closer. "Who else is still alive?"

Carol hesitated, but she eventually told her. "Not many from before. Carl, Rick, and Glenn. There's also a family that we stayed with for a while...." Y/N stopped listening when she heard Glenn's name. To hear her say that he was still alive made her heart skip a beat. She wanted to run the rest of the way to the prison's entrance.

"Guys come here!" Carol called through the air. The two women waited, and soon multiple pair of feet were running towards them.

"What is it? What's wrong?" One asked, Y/N recognized him as the stranger Glenn had brought back so long ago.

But that's not who Y/N had her attention on, because along with Rick and a couple other Glenn had started coming down the stairs. She saw his eyes widen when their eyes met. She couldn't help the smile that grew on her lips as he approached, as she soon found herself running to meet Glenn. As soon as she was close enough she wrapped her arms tightly around him, breathing him in. It had been a while but he still smelt like home.

"Glenn, who's this?" The woman's voice sounded like it could be sweet if it wasn't laced with jealousy.

Glenn pulled out of the hug and looked from Y/N to the other woman. Y/N followed his gaze to look at her; she was thin, with dark hair and pretty green eyes; there was no doubt that she was beautiful, but Y/N wanted to know who she was to Glenn.

"She's just an old friend, Maggie." He said, Y/N's heart fell and tears stung her eyes.

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you." The jealousy wasn't evident in her voice but there was something in her eyes that Y/N didn't like.

"Y/N?!" She turned to look at the owner of the new voice, Carl Grimes. She had always been close to Carl, she had seen him as the little brother she always wanted.

She wiped a tear from her cheek before letting the boy pull her away and up the stairs. Once they were far enough away from the two she let a couple more tears slip, before speaking to him. "Carl, who was she?"

"Maggie Greene. She's Hershel's daughter." Y/N had no idea who that was but she let Carl keep talking. "Her and Glenn got really close while we stayed at their farm. He won't say that she's his girlfriend but everyone else does." Hearing this made Y/N's heart shatter and she wasn't able to stop the tears that fell this time.

*

Weeks went by since she'd showed up at the prison and for the most part it felt like it used to, except she wasn't in Glenn's arms, she wasn't fully home, and it hurt. It hurt her seeing Glenn and Maggie together, seeing the looks Maggie kept giving her every time she'd go to kiss Glenn. Every time she did she's touch her engagement ring, that now hung from a chain around her neck. Every time her fingers would touch the ring a couple of tears would fall and she'd start think about how in love they were, how much she still loves him.

Y/N was pulled from her thoughts when the door to the watch tower creaked open. She whipped her head towards the door and the people coming through it. Maggie and Glenn, and they were currently attached at the mouth. Y/N wanted to say something, tell then she was there, but she didn't have to because when the two broke apart for air Glenn saw her and he froze. Maggie turned to see what Glenn was looking at, and winked when she saw it was Y/N.

Y/N ducked her head, attempting to hide the tears that had come to her eyes, and stormed out. Once out of the guard tower she began to sob, she thought she could handle it, thought she had gotten better, but seeing them two together like that ripped her heart out.

"Y/N wait up!" Glenn called after her, which only made Y/N run faster. She wanted to get as far away from him as she could, but Glenn wasn't going to let her avoid him for much longer. "Y/N, please."

She knew she was going to regret it, but she slowed down and let Glenn catch up with her. They walked for a minute in silence before Glenn finally got the courage to start talking.

"Are you mad?" Y/N wanted to laugh at his question.

"I'm not mad Glenn. Heartbroken, yes. Hurt, yes. But mad, no." She told him while playing with the chain around her neck.

"You could've fooled me." He mumbled. Y/N was obviously not meant to hear it but she did, at it pissed her off.

"Really Glenn?"

Glenn scoffed. "If you're not mad then tell me why you're avoiding me."

"I'm avoiding you because it hurts like hell to see my ex-fiancé in love with someone else!" She yelled and watch multiple emotions flash across his face. "I can't stand to see you look at her and know that you used to look at me like that."

"I though...."

"You thought I was dead. So did everyone else Glenn!" She knew she shouldn't have yelled at him; it wasn't going to change the past. But it felt good to get what she was felling out in the open. "You all thought I was dead and you moved on, I understand that!"

"Do you? Because you're acting like a jealous bitch about me and Maggie being together!" He yelled, shocking Y/N. During the years that they had been together they'd had their arguments like any other couple, but never like this.

"God Glenn, I was in love with you." She exclaimed through the tears that had begun to fall. "You were it for me, so I'm sorry if I'm acting like a jealous bitch towards you and your girlfriend."

Y/N didn't wait for him to respond, but before she walked away from him she unclasped the chain she wore and let it fall to the ground.