l-------------1-------------l

A few weeks later...

Cloak ran through the Rocky Plain as fast as he could. A sleek grey female ran beside him, as well a dark grey male. "Cloak, slow your black body down!" the male said. Cloak barked loudly with laughter.

"Too tired Moss?" he replied. Moss grunted with annoyance. "Palisade, what do you think? Am I, Moss, too slow?" he growled at the female.

Palisade just smiled. "Oh, no," she yelped sarcastically. "why would the mighty Moss be slow?" Cloak started to laugh again. "Okay, guys, enough talk, we have to get this deer to Alpha!" The deer slid to a stop, as a boulder blocked its way.

The trio of wolves made a semicircle around the deer, trapping it. Cloak let out a low grumble. The buck showed its antlers. "This deer thinks it has a chance, huh?" Cloak barked in amusement. "Shame it doesn't, right guys?" he continued. They both yelped in laughter.

Just as the buck charged, a brown wolf came from behind the boulder on top of it. "Ha! Got ye now!" Stag said with his usual thick bark. Moss did the final bite. "Great catch, Cloak! This'll treat the pack nicely." he complimented.

"Aw, I didn't just do it. Palisade and Moss helped chase it down." Cloak yelped with embarrassment. "Yeah, we helped too." Palisade grumbled under her breath.

The wolves dragged it back to camp. The sorrow was still hanging in the air for Slash's death, but it lighted with the scent of deer.

"Cloak, Palisade, Moss, Stag, I suppose you had good hunting?" Alpha came out of his den to look approvingly at the deer. Beta came out as well, an approving look on her face as she watched her son proudly, she also looked proudly at the rest of her pack, for they would not be hungry at all.

Omega even looked happy at the buck. Even Omega will have at least half a leg. Cloak looked happily at his camp. No wolf would go hungry, the pups could be weened, and move to solid food. "Yes, Alpha, we did have good hunting." Cloak yelped.

Alpha watched as his other hunting parties came in. A light, misty grey wolf with a white rabbit in her jaws also partially howled with enjoyment. "So, Mist, have you brought the rabbit?" Alpha called. Mist dropped the rabbit and smiled."Yes, Alpha." she replied. Alpha smiled back.

"Then, some pups will become real wolves tonight." he howled.

The wolves around camp happily yipped to each other and conversed