Chapter 63

I woke up in the dark with Adam holding me close. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Adam immediately woke with worried eyes.

"You okay?" He asked quickly.

"Yeah I'm alright." I nodded.

"You sure-" I interrupted Adam by holding his face.

"Adam I am okay. I promise." I said looking into his eyes. Things get crazily and when I look at him it seems like he puts things back into place. He nodded slowly with the worry still in his eyes. I let go of his face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked softly.

"Tell you what?" I said with a confuse look on your face.

"About your mother.." He said. I sat down on his lap and sighed.

"It was just something that never came up I guess.." I shrugged. "I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be back."

I escaped his grasp and walked out of his room. I went into the  hallway and went inside the nearest bathroom. I walked up to the sink and turned on the faucet. I splashed cold water on my face. I sighed and looked up at myself in the mirror. I fixed my hair into the ponytail and examined myself in the mirror. My makeup was smudge a bit I sighed into the mirror. I grabbed a few tissues and wiped away all my makeup. I was a complete mess but at this point I couldn't complain.

I opened the bathroom door. I was walking back to Adam's room but a small light caught my eye. It was coming from a certain room. I slowly walked up to the door and reluctantly turned the knob. I pushed open the door walked in. The room had a slight coldness as if somebody hadn't been there in years. It was slightly dark but a bright slim light was peaking through the curtains. The furniture was covered in white sheets. I crossed my arms a little as I was looking around.

"Exploring?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to see Adam leaning against the door frame. A slight frown was on his face.

"Yeah um..sorry." I said as I looked down at the floor.

He straighten up and shoved his hands in his pockets. I felt Adam walked past me. I bit down on my lip. I shouldn't have come in here.

"Poised and elegant..those are the words to describe her."

I looked up a little. "Who's her?" I asked slowly.

"My mother."

Then all the sudden a flash of light was brought in causing me to wince. I looked up slowly and something came over me I couldn't describe. There was a large painted portrait on the wall. In the portrait was a women. She was posing as if she wasn't even trying. Her dark brown hair flowed down her shoulders. Something made my breath hitched was when I looked into those very familiar bright sapphire eyes. Her skin was pale but flawless. Her smile was absolutely raident.

It was no doubt in my mind that this was Adam's mother.

✴✴

We were back in Adam's room and I was analyzing him as he was talking.

"My mom was great. She was funny and she knew everything. Nothing could get past her.." Adam smiled a bit as he spoke.

"She was a terrible cook. She could burn boiled water." He chuckled a bit.

"She up and left before my thirteenth birthday. I don't know where she went and I don't know why..my dad never speaks of her. And the worse part is Lucy is going to be without a mother. She'll never know what she was like. She won't know what it's like to have a mother. And there's no way I could be that for her." He said softly.