Chapter 61 - New World Order

Hey guys,
Just a quick note that from now on in this story is my own ideas and inspirations from the comic book series. In no way are there any spoilers from the show because I have no way of knowing like the rest of you until October. This is just my interpretation of how I want the story will go. I hope you all enjoy, thank you.

Marie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My whole body shakes as I watch the bat swing down and collide with the top of Abraham's head. He stumbles down and the roars of the men around us begin to light up, them thirsty for his blood. I hear the screams from Sasha down the end, as well as all of our yelling combined.

"Look at that! Taking it like a champ!" Negan cheers, watching on in amazement.

Abraham straightens back up and looks him in the eye when Negan swings the bat down again, the barbed wire ripping at the flesh on Abraham's head. Tears stream down my face as I cry out, seeing blood pour down the front of his face. Negan swings the bat again and he falls down, not being able to move up anymore.

Abraham looks around deliriously and his eyes meet mine for a brief moment, nothing but pain in them. Negan swings the bat again and again, caving his head in and blood sprays up and hits me in the face. Maggie grips onto my leg and I grip onto the back of her shirt, the both of us taking in the horror before us. Soon Negan stops and straightens up, smiling down at Abraham's mangled body. The roars of the men and the tears and cries of our group being the only sounds I can hear.

Suddenly the men begin to quiet down, though our cries continue on, "That was awesome." Negan states, wonder in his voice, "I mean I have never seen someone take a beating that good. Lucille loved it, she's one thirsty girl." He says, looking at his bat lovingly.

He glances over at Rick and walks towards him, a large smile on his face, "That wasn't so bad. Was it?"

"I'm gonna kill you." He whispers, fury in his tone.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Speak up?" Negan says, cupping his ear and leaning down.

Rick looks him in the eye, tears streaming down his face as he speaks louder, "Not today, not tomorrow... But I will kill you."

Negan laughs and shakes his head before leaning forward, his face mere inches from Rick's, "No you won't. Your best chance is right now."

He straightens up and holds his arms out, smiling down at Rick, "Stand up and put a knife in my throat, better yet drive an axe into my face. Because as soon as my body hits the ground my saviours will mess you guys up until your insides are outside. Worse then this guy over here." He says, gesturing to Abraham's body.

"You want to keep acting tough? Like I still need to break you then go ahead. How about a couple of my boys come and take your son, make him look even more like a serial killer? I know a few that'd be into that. Go ahead and test me." He says, his eyes alive.

Suddenly his fist swings forward and punches Rick in the ribs and he falls to the ground, clutching at his side as Negan rises to his feet, "I know this is hard for you. You've been 'King Shit' around here for so long now. Bossing people around, being in charge... I bet you're addicted to the power. I also bet you thought you had this whole thing figured out. Managing the dead, gathering supplies, working together, probably been a long time since the last person sided before we came along."