Sister Bonding

-----Next Day------

Mum had gone shopping, Elizabeta and Roderich were out (again) for the day, and I was making lunch for Dad. "What to make..." I mumbled as I scrolled through various cooking websites. Dad and I were the only ones in our family who loved spicy food so I wanted to make the most of the freedom. My eyes widened in curiosity at one particular recipe. Spicy chicken and avocado wrap. "Ooh, that looks good," I smiled as I skimmed through the recipe. It was a light dish and had a short preparation time. Perfect for lunch. I opened the fridge and was glad to see that there was still some leftover chicken from yesterday's dinner. I quickly gathered the ingredients and began to cook. Before working, I connected my iPod to my Bluetooth speakers and pressed 'Shuffle'.

I began to dance to the catchy song and couldn't stop myself from singing along as I cooked the chicken.

When I had you to myself, I didn't want you around,

Those pretty faces always made you stand out in a crowd,

But someone picked you from the bunch, one glance was all it took,

Now it's much too late for me to take a second look

Oh baby, give me one more chance!

Won't you please let me back in your heart,

Oh darlin', I was blind to let you go

But now since I see you in his arms (I want you back)

Ooh ooh baby (I want you back)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, (I want you back)

Na na na na

I swayed my hips as I mashed the avocado.

Oh baby, I was blind to let you go

But now since I see you in his arms.

After completing the recipe, I quickly switched off the hob and divided the (now sliced into pieces) chicken between the two wraps, sprinkling coriander over the top and rolling them up. "Something smells good!" Dad called from the lounge. I smiled.

"Do you want a drink, Dad?" I asked as I switched off the music.

"Tea please, [Nickname]," He replied.

"Okay," I called and put the kettle on. Whilst the water was boiling I carried the plates into the lounge and set Dad's on his lap. "Thanks," He smiled gratefully. His legs were propped up on the footrest and a large, bulky cast surrounded his left leg. I was glad to see his head injury was healing; the stitches had been removed this morning. "Ooh! Damn, that's got a nice kick to it," Dad cheered as he chewed happily on the wrap.

"Glad you like it," I beamed and went to make the cup of tea.

----------Time skip-----------

Ding

I stood up from my desk and picked up my phone to look at the new message. Arthur (the most sexy guy ever) Mob. I smiled and clicked on the message.

Arthur: How's [D/n] doing?

Me: Fine, thanks. He's healing well but he keeps on trying to stand up -_-