Nomad

The sun was slowly dropping down the horizon, red and orange hues coloring the sky. A gentle breeze blows, causes the loose bandages wrapped around me to float a bit. I really need to tighten them up... Later. As I surveyed the area, I felt at peace with my life. I didn't suffer some great tragedy, neither of parents passed in a violent manner, and as a child I was able to grow up like how most children my age was unable to grow up as: a child. I never had to grow up too fast in order to fill someone else's shoes, which is truly a blessing. And as I grew up my parents taught me so many lessons that I apply to my daily life, though if there's one thing that I took to heart was when my mother say me down and said, "Son, no matter what happens in your life, don't waste time. Everyone is given the same twenty four hours, and once a day is gone, it's gone." She also told me to always remain cool, calm, and collected regardless of the situation that I'm in. Advice worth listening to and on the opposite end of things was my father whose work ethic I emulated. In everything he did he did his best. His feelings did not dictate his level of service and commitment, rather he wasalways complete a task with excellence in mind. Bithi driven by a dedication to excellency. I'm sure if he saw me now he'd be even prouder of me than he already was. Thinking back, both of my parents held me up in high regards, always believing that I would amount to something great. Well...they were right.

Growing weary of sitting, I stood on the boat that I was using to get to my next destination: a small town known as Hawüone. There was nothing particularly special about this town, it was just a spot that I needed to pass through to continue on with my journey. Looking up at the rapidly approaching night sky I noticed lanterns floating around in the air on the breeze. Was it festival season already? Admittedly I had lost track of the very thing that I had sworn I wouldn't waste, only to realize that it was time for the Ɠaroon festival. If I remember correctly it was a festival to celebrate pets. Or perhaps it was animals in general...hm... I don't remember. Not to mention I never stick around for these festivals anyways. I have deliveries to make, I don't have time for festivals. Exhaling quietly I decide it was time to tighten up my bandages. Truthfully the only reason I had these bandages in the first place was to hopefully scare off anyone that dare to dream about robbing. Though keeping them wrapped tightly on my body was a slight hassle. Like there was this one time I forgot to tighten them I ended up getting some stuck on a tree and had to buy new ones to replace it. While I was doing this simple task a lantern floated down my way, probably because it had lost altitude. Poor thing. With little effort I use the oar I was provided with to create a gust of wind strong enough to send it back into the air to join its brethren. And while I didn't like wasting one of the most valuable resources us mortals possess, I couldn't help but stare at the lanterns, marveling more in their collective beauty than worrying about what the symbols on them may represent. What a lovely-

"Well hey there friendo." a nasally voice says in such a disgusting manner that my thoughts flee, "Those are quite the weapons that you have on you." Casting a look of clear annoyance in the direction of the voice, I took note of who I would need to address. I had the "pleasure" of speaking to a man the size of a twig. Ok...not literally a twig, but the man was far too skinny for it to healthy. He was sitting on a boat not too far from mine, with a companion that was the exact opposite of him. This man was a mountain, silently watching my every move. Or perhaps he was watching the swords that were now being blocked by my body. Were they Relic Hunters? That would be problematic if they were because that means somewhere in my near future is going to be some wasted time.

Without changing my look of annoyance I reply with, "Thank you." That was as much interaction with the sleeze bag that I cared to deal with, but unfortunately for me this individual wanted to converse some more.

"So if I were to offer you money for those two beauties-" He says hungrily, like a man getting ready to dine on a five star meal, "-how much would it take before you said, 'Sold!'?"