Chapter 1

Judith pov.

I sighed long and hard as I tapped my nails on the table he's late he said he would be here 4 hours ago it's 12 now and I'm still sitting here waiting for him like a damn fool.

I snatched the napkin off of my lap and tossed it on my plate I blew out the candles and begin to clean up. I shook my head as I threw the food in the trash I had wasted my money and my time.

I put the dishes in the dishwasher and started it up then headed upstairs I snatched my heels off throwing them across the room and stripped from the rest of my clothes.

I paced back and forth in my bra and panties biting on my nail.

"Why would he do this, again!"I thought out loud.

"Maybe he's getting me a gift or something, hell nawll can't take him 4 hours to get a gift." I thought again as I walked inside of the bathroom slamming the door.

After my shower I climbed in bed rolling around trying to get comfortable but I couldn't after a few minutes of me laying there I begin to fall asleep but my room door opened reviling my husband Terrance.

"Oh hey baby." he walked over leaning down trying to kiss me but I turned over.

"Hey."I mumbled.

"What's wrong, what did I do?" he turned on the light as he took off his suit.

I just laid there with my back facing him I'm not about to explain nothing to him ima let him figure it out.

"Baby, come on talk to me say something?" I felt the bed dip as he got in wrapping his arms around me but I moved from his grip.

"Don't touch me."I mumbled as I closed my eyes.

"Fuck it, every time I come home you got a fucking attitude I'm not bout to sleep with yo ass tonight, always on that bullshit."he said as he grabbed a extra pair of covers leaving the room.

"More room for me."I shrugged finally falling asleep.

He knows what he did he just didn't want to bring it up because he knows a hot argument gonna pop up this is his 3rd time standing me up on our anniversary, and I'm so tired of looking stupid every time my anniversary come up.
********

I walked down the hall with a cup of coffee in my hands smiling I wasn't gonna let my problems with my husband get the best of me, I love my job I'm happy here and I have love for everybody up in this building.

"Good morning Ms. Jackson, the student is waiting in the library for you."the canceller said to me as I waved and knobbed my head.

I help the teens here that can't read or write sometimes I be shocked by who I have to help because most of the teens here are full of their selves but I never judge none of them never talk about them because nobody's perfect I have my own issues at home but right now I'm not worried about that.

I slightly opened the door stepping Inside the room to see a girl with her head down. I sat across from her waiting for her to sit up but she never did.
"Anna?" I said as I looked down on her paper reading her name.

She sat her head up and looked at me like she didn't want to be here.

"Yeah?" she rubbed her eyes.

"What do you need help with?" I grabbed a clipboard with clean sheets of paper already on it.

"Reading." she mumbled looking around trying to avoid me staring at her.

"I'm not going to judge you if that's what your thinking."

After a few hours of teaching Anna how to read she had started to get the hang of it she's a fast learner.