chapter 16

Summer's POV

"I,I-" he looked taken a back by my question.

"You're  only with me because I'm your mate Hunter." I whispered.

"Cupcake that's not true." He tried to hug me but I only moved further away.

"Hunter let's face it, you wouldn't have saved me, would you? You wouldn't have saved a pathetic human."

Hunter's POV

"Hunter let's face it, you wouldn't have saved me, would you? You wouldn't have saved a pathetic human."

The minute she said that my heart broke.
I want to say that's not true, I want to but I can't, before Summer I would have killed any human with no remorse the moment they step into my pack land.

I still would.

But Summers different.

"Cupcake, don't say that, you aren't pathetic, I am. Yes I hated and still hate most humans with every bone in my body. I've killed more than you could ever imagine.
I've killed every unknown person that stepped into my pack boundaries whether they were here intentionally or not-"

"And what makes me any different Hunter, why didn't you kill me?" Her eyes were glossed with tears.

"Because I can't Summer, I can't and I won't."

"Because I'm your mate."

"No I didn't kill you because I couldn't, Summer being mates doesn't mean anything much, it doesn't mean you have to love me or I have to love you, it just simply means that the moon goddess thought we might be good together. There's so many mates out there that don't love each other, that rejected each other, some even killed there mate. Finding your mate doesn't mean that your going to live happily ever after together, you still have to fight for love and trust, you still have to build a bond together, accept each other. I'm telling you this because I want you to know I don't love you because your my mate. I love you because you're you. Your my cupcake. As cliché as it sounds every time I look into your eyes I fall in love with you over and over again and I know I just met you and I don't even know much about you but I want to spend my life with you. I would leave my pack, my family, friends just to be with you. You're the sweetest person I know and despite your pain you smile. Just your smile alone lights up my world. I love you Summer. I love everything about you, like the fact that you love unicorns even though they don't exist," I let out a chuckle " and I love the fact that heart is always so pure, I probably sound like such a big idiot right now. Summer what I'm trying to say is I love you for you."

Tears were now streaming down her face.

Suddenly I was engulfed in a hug.

"Thank you."

"Why are you thanking me, cupcake?"

"S-so many reasons but mainly for saving me and always being so nice. You're like shrek not like prince charming who's a meanie."

"What? But I look like prince charming and not shrek right cupcake?"

"Sure."

Did she really just compare me to an ogre?

Why the hell did I let her watch those movies?

"Cupcake I look so much better than an ogre and that prince put together."

"Well duh hunter, if you're gonna put their bodies together they will just look so bad, Imagine that, half the face man and the other half ogre."

Wow.

"You hurt my heart cupcake. So much."

"Don't be a liar Hunter. You look fine, if your heart was hurt you probably wouldn't look the way you look."

"I didn't mean it like~never mind."

"Hey hunter"

"Yeah cupcake" I said whilst smiling down at her.

"You said unicorns didn't exist. Why did you say that?" She glared up at me whilst I let out a chuckle.

Of course she would be mad about that.

"It was a, um, a joke."

"It wasn't funny though."

********************************************I'm so sorry for the late update I'll be posting more frequently promise Xx

This was a very happy and love sick chapter lol but there's a lot of drama that's about to happen soon.

Thank you so much for 18k+ reads it means so much.