one.

Teenagers - My Chemical Romance

*

The Skybox sucked. It was the truth that Avery Donavon had to live with.

She had 5 days until her birthday, 5 days until she was floated and she wanted to spend thoes five days in peace. Without anyone to bother her and with only peace in her mind.

The door let out a short beep, the colour of the keypad turning from red to green as a few soldiers entered the room. Avery had been reading 'The Book Thief' which ironically was a book she had stolen when then they had entered, not even glancing up towards them.

"Prisoner 211. Face the wall."

Avery didn't even glance up to them but continued reading her book, turning the last page and quickly finishing it before looking up. "I have 5 days left and Kane said I won't be having more jobs." she told them. "So for the love of earth and it's radiation filled atomsphere, fuck off!"

"Face the wall." The guard repeated again. Avery rolled her eyes, standing up and facing the silver wall.

A sharp pain traveled from her wrist and she tugged her arm away from the guard. "The fuck?" she asked before looking to the guard who had been handling her. "Oh my god, you shouldn't have." she joked with a silly smile.

The guard just looked at he with a 'just-stop-im-going-to-hurt-you' face.

"Prisoner 211-"

"Look, I'm not going anywhere with you." she replied. "Not unless I speak to someone important." The guard took out his gun as Marcus Kane walked into the room. "Ah, the someone important I've been looking for. What is this?"

"Stand down, officer. She's not a threat, just annoying." he said.

"Always a pleasure, Kane." she retorted sarcastically before gesturing to bracelet. "Are you going to tell me what this is or am I going to have to break it and find out for myself?"

Kane glanced towards the girl. "Your mother wished to be here to say goodbye but she was otherwise preoccupied," Avery blinked blankly, raising an eyebrow. "you're going to earth."

Avery chuckled. "People never really get to see the  funny side of you, Kane, because that was hilarious." She then realised he wasn't smiling with her. "No, I'm not." she stepped forwards and pushing past him to see the whole skybox shouting. Avery looked down to all the delinquents, leaning over the handrail before feeling a tranquilizer dart at the back of her neck.

She knew the feeling. They shot her with it every time they need to get her out of the room.

"Son of a B-"

***

Avery's hand snapped to the back of her neck, realising nothing was there before opening her eyes and waking up. Her mind was absolutely blank when she found two arms wrap around her torso before her vision focused.

"Octavia?" she asked before smiling and waking up properly and sitting up well. "O!" She pulled away, getting a proper look at her friend. "Oh my, you've gotten so big. How was life on the Skybox treating you?"

Octavia Blake was about to say something when Thelonious Jaha spoke at them through the speakers. "Oh, here we go again." Octavia spoke, sitting back.

"Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your families, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable."