DREAM

Bzzt, bzzt...

[ yawns ]

"H - Hello, this... is Gale... speaking... who is this?"

[ flash ]

"Umm..."

"Excuse me? Who's this?"

"I... can you help me?"

"Oh. Well, sure. How can I help?"

"I'm... Hiding right now. It's really dark and there's a lot of lightning and thunder."

"Tell me a dream of yours. A happy dream."

"Are you insane?"

"..."

"Fine. Okay. But why?"

[ flash! ]

"I ... just had a little nightmare. If you could tell me a dream... I think I can relax. Please? I'm really scared right now."

"Okay, sure."

"..."

"Urghm... Alright. Take a deep breath because I'm going to take a while."

"Okay."

"So! When I was young, I dreamt about about a mythical forest. I used to be a fanatic of mythical creatures, by the way."

"... and?"

"It was awesome! I can't begin to tell you about it! Unicorns, unicorns everywhere pooping rainbows and living on marshmallow clouds. Dragons rested in high rock mountains and breathed fire rings. Oh - and my favourite, phoenixes, the living legends, they flew high in the sky and slept in their fire tree and roamed the forest."

"Wow."

[ flash! ]

"T - the phoenixes sound really cool."

"Yeah, they totally are! I love how they rebirth, rising from ashes in clouds of orange and red... well. There were sirens and mermaids and pixies and gnomes, too. The peace and harmony was just... wow."

"..."

"This must've been weird, sorry. I'm just really into mythical creatures. It must be the lack of sleep. Oh God..."

"Thank you."

"Uh, no worries?"

"Did you have fairies, too? Little sparkly creatures with wings?"

"Totally! They had mushroom huts. Are they your favourite?"

"Yes... As a child."

"So... How do you feel now?"

"Everything's okay. Thank you. My nightmare... it's gone."

"Well, it was nice talking to yo - "

Beep, beep.

[ snores ]