48:Gangsta✨

Jaidyn's POV

Running into the waiting room, the kids were gone. Calling my mom;

"Ma?!" I said frantically.

"Yes?" She said.

"Do you have boogie and Ant?" I asked.

"Yes why?" She asked confused.

"August is awake, but he can't talk. There was a second bullet that hit his vocal cords, and he can't walk." I said crying.

"Sweety you have to stay strong. Now he needs you, but I have to put the kids to sleep." She said.

"Okay I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She said hanging up.

Walking back into his room, 'What the fuck?' The board said.

"Candace text me about the kids, and I thought she got them. August I swea on my fucking life, if dat bitch touch my muhfuckin kids imma kill her." I said feeling my cheeks getting red.

'Calm down, wit yo red ass.' He wrote.

Laughing, "Whatever." I said waving him off.

'Play with my fingers, left arm.' He wrote.

Doing that he smiled, "What?" I asked.

'It feels so fucking good.' He wrote.

"I bet." I said continuing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August has been home for a few days, he's doing better. I had to get one of those things that old people use to take them up the stairs. Like a little elevator.

"DaAryan leave your dad alone." I said as he asked him a million questions.

"But..why..he no..talk?" He asked.

"You know those little things called vocal cords?" I asked.

Nodding his head in agreement, "His are a little messed up, so he can't talk." I said.

"I sorry da..I not no." He said.

"Smoothie?" I asked as Boogie left the room.

Nodding his head yes, as he gently sat up wincing. "You have physical therapy in an hour, do you wanna dress yourself?" I asked.

Straight facing me, "Sorry." I said remembering he can't put his lower half of clothes on alone.

'Is Trav coming for dat talking shit?' He wrote down.

"Mhm. He facetimed me earlier. Don't you think since your learning to talk again, that your accent would get worse?" I asked.

'Worse? So it was already bad?' He wrote.

"No I mean, like thicker?" I asked.