Chapter 1: Arriving at Anubis House

Nikita's P.O.V.
The sun shone brightly over the horizon, radiating its blazing heat all over Liverpool. I could feel its energy surging through my veins. I nervously fiddled with the midnight blue crystal which hung on a silver chain around my neck. I sighed as I thought of my family and friends back in New Sydney, Australia. I missed them all so much! Everything was much nicer back there!

Beep, Beep!

My thoughts were interrupted as an old fashioned black taxi pulled up. "Ah you must be Nikita-Jean!" The driver said as he got out of his taxi and made his way over to me and shook my hand.

I smiled gently at him. "Yeah, that's me..." I said in my thick Australian accent as he lifted my black suitcases and placed them into the trunk of his taxi. Have you ever felt like you were being watched? Well that was exactly how I felt when I was climbing into the taxi.

The drive was long and warm inside the stuffy taxi. An awkward silence hung in the air as we drove along the road. The taxi driver cleared his throat as we drove into a forest. "So...what house are are you staying in?" He asked me as he looked at me through his rear view mirror.

"Oh um...the Anubis House..." I said as I took out the letter which held all of the details which I needed to get to the school. I was feeling so many emotions at once. I was excited, nervous and overwhelmed.

He nodded and turned into a big gravel driveway. "Here we are, Anubis House..." He explained as he stopped the taxi outside an old red-pink brick Victoria house with tall windows and stone steps leading up to the mahogany door. I sighed as I got out of the taxi and helped the taxi driver lifted my suitcases out of the trunk.

"Thanks...how much do I owe you?" I asked as I opened my black Jack Skellington bag and took out my MARVEL purse.

"£25.30" The cab driver said as he placed my last suitcase on the ground.

I nodded and handed him the money before he got back into his cab and drove off. Turning around, I was able to absorb the magnificent building and was filled with awe and admiration as I grasped hold of the handles of my suitcases and began walking towards the stone steps. There was a plaque by the mahogany door which read, "Anubis Household". The house was surrounded by plants, flowerbeds and a lot of grass. I sighed nervously as I began making my way across the gravel towards the stone steps. The house towered over me as I reached out to knock the wooden door when it suddenly opened and a man with black hair and a bushy black moustache and goutee stepped out. He had dark blue eyes and wore a tan trench coat with a black buttoned up waistcoat which was worn over a white button-down shirt, a black tie, black trousers which were fastened with a brown leather belt and black dress shoes. He was holding a gold pocket watch in one of his hands. "What are you doing here?" He hissed at me in an Irish accent as he stopped in front of me.

"Oh um I'm Nikita-Jean Davidson...I'm new here..." I explained as I stepped backwards slightly.

"Right well you're late, the House Keeper, Trudy, shall show you to your dorm" He said as he opened the front door and lifted my suitcases inside the house before rushing out the door again just as a woman with dark skin and black hair with brown eyes appeared. She stood around 5'3'' in height and was wearing a frilly red/pink short sleeved top with denim jeans.

"Oh, hello there! You must be Nikita-Jean Davidson, I'm Trudy Rehmann, I'm the housekeeper here," She introduced herself in a thick English accent. "Don't mind Victor, he is the caretaker of the school and the house master at Anubis House!" Trudy lifted my suitcases further into the hallway so that they were not blocking the entrance to the house.