My Mate

Love, Life, Lies

© Anna Hailings-Sharma 2011

My Mate

Xyna

I was running.

Running away for my life.

Escaping from hell.

In these past few days I have experienced hell, seen death right before my eyes. It was pure agony for every day I wished for death to come. And now here I am, running for my life. Ironic, huh?

As I decreased my pace their voices became louder. I was running for the past ten minutes and was totally out of breath. I have not eaten anything from the past few days and had abandoned me. The fatigue was now making it's appearance. But I can't stop now, I can't let his sacrifice go waste. With that thought running through my mind, I ran faster. I ran till the height of my strength, but my hopes where slowly and slowly getting lost. Just when I was about to give up I noticed a large crowd of people and a big sleek car in front of me. I know that they were behind me and will not leave until they have me so I cut through the crowd in order to get in the middle so that I could disappear from their sight. Suddenly a big man came in front of me, preventing me to move any further. I changed my direction. Everything was so shinny, so decorative that it looked like there was some event happening. I moved towards a more secluded area and tried to hide beneath something. I turned my head to check whether someone was behind me or not. As I noticed a shadow behind me I increased my pace. Just as I was about to turn my head to look forward I collided with something. Something hard. That did it and I fell into the darkness. The last thing that I heard was that of an angel speak.

Is this how I die?

With that last thought I let the dark abyss swallow me without a fight.

Ryder

"Finally over!" I sighed.

"Yeah, to think of, it seems like ages since we've taken a break." Ryan muttered.

"Come on guys, it was fun." Rhys said enthusiastically. He was the only one who enjoyed our life style.

As we were exiting the stadium, we heard a sharp crash and knew things had started getting out of hand. People were still in daze of our performance and there was no way in hell I was ready to face them.

"Ryder, you in?" Rhys asked.

"No way." Ryan looked tired and wary and it was starting to worry me. Even though we are werewolves, we still need out peace and rest. And not to forget food.

"Guys, lets just go out back." I suggested. They nodded.

We started making out way through the abandoned alleyway. Posters of The Wolves adoring the walls with the three of us standing in our signature pose with

Ryan, Rhys and Ryder Cassriel.

Live in Concert.

written below it.

Being the lead singer for our band, The Wolves, I stood in the middle. My phone suddenly rang. I picked it up without checking the name.

"Hey dad."

"Where are you guys?" he got straight to the point. I smiled. Dad had the habit of being blunt when he was frustrated. "Give me the phone Warren." I would hear my mom in the background. I put the phone on speaker. "Louisia....." We heard dad groan as mom took the phone from his grasp.

"Hi boys!" She literally squealed on excitement.

"Hey mom." we answered in unison, but with lesser enthusiasm.

"So, when are you scheduled at?" Going back to the manager mode. Mom had been out manager for almost five years before she decided to take a break from the hectic life.

"We'll be there in about five hours ma." Ryan answered, going through our schedule.

"Alright, I'll be waiting. Is anyone else..." She suggestively trailed off

"If you are asking weather anyone of us has found a mate or not then no. No one else in coming." Rhys huffed.

"Alright, alright. but come soon, ok?" her tone softened.

"See ya ma."

"See ya." and then the line went dead.

.This was the last performance of our world tour and I was thankful for that. Outside the fans were going crazy while screaming our names. I was just talking to Ryan when something small and soft crashed into me. A fan, I thought. "How did she come past all the security?" I thought, but as soon as her body collided with mine she started to fall backwards, as on instinct I put my arms round her waist and held her against my chest. It was very common of fans to faint once they are around us, but I don't know why I was feeling protective of her. I pulled her out of my chest only to notice her beautiful bruised face. She had pale skin just like mine which was bruised in places. I looked down at her attire. She was wearing a light pink sleeve less top which hung loosely on her, torn in the front revealing her bra. It also gave a view of her bruises on her arms and neck. Along with that, she had a mini denim skirt which was torn in places too along with a big bruise on her upper thigh appearing to be formed from a heavy metal chain. Along with that she had flat high boots. Her hair was open, covering the bare portions of her back where her shirt was torn. This girl looked like hell but I was suddenly feeling out of sorts. Then it crashed into me.

Mine.

I guess I just found my mate.

Hi guys, this is my new story which I have been thinking of writing for a long time. This chapter is sort of a prologue, so enjoy.