Saving my Angel

Saving my Angel

The ride home was about 2 hours long, in the whole ride my angel was sleeping with her head resting on my lap. I had asked the driver to retrive some blankets to cover her. She was badly injured, but there were no bleeding wounds, for that I was very grateful. She did not wake or stirred, which I thought was very unusual, so since one of the doctors was riding in the front I taped the window and asked her. She said it was because of the meds they had given her so that she would not experience any pain until she does not get any proper medication. I thanked her and closed the window. The ride was peaceful, after sometime I fell asleep while sitting.

When we reached home one of the guards woke me up. I smiled as I looked down at the face of my angel, but it soon changed into anger when I noticed some new bruises forming.How can someone be so cruel to such an angel? I thought. Gently I carried her in my arms to the examination room and placed her on the makeshift bad. After that the doctor shooed me off saying that I need to wait outside while they examine her. I waited impatiently outside as Carmen examined her. Carmen was our aunt and personal doctor when needed. When dad is not around, matters automatically get transferred into her hands. Today, since her son was not well she could not come to our concert, but the medical team must have informed her about my angel, so when we reached home she was standing prepared. I was very pleased to know that all the doctors around her were females, I don't want any of the males to touch her even though it is for examination sake. During my wait I received a call from my brothers telling me that they have reached home safely. Mom and dad wanted to talk to me, but just then Carmen exited the room so I quickly hung up saying that I will explain it all later. She face was unreadable, which made my stomach twist.

"What is it Carmen?" I asked before she could say anything. She took a long breath and started speaking.

"She is in a miserable condition. Her ribs are broken, there are bruises in various places along with signs of strangling, her skull has cracks, blood clots and internal bleeding. I am surprised that she is still alive."

"What do you mean by you are surprised that she is still alive?" I snapped, scared.

"Ryder, seeing her condition, not many people are able to survive like this for so long. She is very weak. Starved. The reason for her collation was not just her weakness but also the state she is in." she explained very calmly.

"When will she wake up?" I asked a bit eagerly. Right now I just want to ask her who did this to her and kill that bastard. I started shaking in anger just thinking about those basterds. But when I recieved scilence I noticed Carmen seemed hesitant about something. "What is it?" Now I was full on panicked.

"Well, seeing her condition, we have put her into a medically induced coma for two days, so that her body can recover enough that the life threat be removed." She explained in a calm voice but I can hear worry underneath. I stood there silently letting the words sink in.

"What happens after two days?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

"Well, we'll have to see." I shot her a puzzled look."We have out her on coma for two days, which is not a critical but medical one. So after two days we'll just have to wait and watch until she wakes up." She explained. I looked over her to see my angel's face. She was lying there, looking at peace. I smiled at this. "Ry...?" Carmen started.

"Yeah," I answered as I snapped my gaze at her.

"I was wondering….." She again trailed off, I nodded encouraging her to speak ahead. "How do you know her? I mean I have never met her before?" she rushed.

"I have met her today only." I said looking back at her. When Carmen went silent for a moment I looked at her, she looked like she was trying to process what I said. I chuckled at her expression and explained further. "We were exiting and she bumped into me. When the medical team looked at her they told me that she was serious so I insisted that she be bought here instead of a hospital." Realization drawn on her face as I finished my story.