Practice.

Crowds of people made their way through the halls as the bell rang. Veronica stopped at her locker, opening it, and glancing at the new student doing the same across from her. He caught Veronicas gaze, giving her another bright smile as she smiled back. His gaze slowly turned to Aaron's as he walked up to him. "I like your pin!" Aaron pointed to something on his backpack. It was some sort of race car company pin that she recognized since her father had one like it. "You like cars?" The popular guy asked, hoping for a good response. "Yeah, and thanks, my father has worked with people who race for a few years." Veronicas eyes lit up as she heard his accented voice again. Something about it calmed and drew her in. "You, you're hanging with me." He patted Finns shoulder, making him smile slightly. Everything about Finn was nice; his quiffed dark brown hair, his deep green eyes, and hopefully his personality from what she's seen. Veronica dazed out of the conversation once her twin stepped in front of her, followed by some guy from their class. He seemed annoyed, his shoulder length hair was the first thing she noticed. "Wow, can someone tell me how new kid is already fitting in with the popular people? I've tried talking to Aaron and he acts like I'm a bug he needs to swat out of his face." The guy sighed. "Beautiful people herd together." Vanessa's response made Veronica laugh a bit. She leaned against her locker and drifted out of their conversation. She noticed that Colleen was by Aaron's side, the two almost hovering over Finn, talking. "So, this weekend?" Aaron said, running his hand through his quiffed dirty blonde hair trying to seem cool. "A party?" Finn asked, a bit surprised. "Yeah, Friday night!" Colleen seemed like she was about to kiss him from how close she was trying to get, almost ignoring the fact that Aaron's arm was around her. "Ah, I can't, it's family night this Friday." Finn cocked his head and smiled. "Thanks for the invite."
"I mean, everyone on the team is going." Colleen flashed puppy dog eyes at him. "You mean like, cheer or something?" Finn asked. "No, no. Cheers a joke." Colleen laughed." It's volleyball. Hey, we have practice in a few minutes, if you wanna co-"
"Well I was g-" Finn tried to get out of it but there was no way. "You're coming." Aaron pulled Finn along with them, walking down the hallway. Gripping her black leather backpack strap, she watched them go, hearing the side argument Vanessa was having with the freshman. She couldn't even make out what they were saying since they kept talking over each other, probably about something useless. Veronica chuckled to herself, tugging her twins flannel sleeve."Put the gloves down, rocky." She whispered, then walked away with Vanessa for practice. Vanessa huffed as they left.

"Let's go!" The coach blowed the whistle, the sound pulsating in Veronicas ears, making her cringe. "You can't play, you're really going to leave your womb mate on the sidelines?" Vanessa pouted as the two ran in the grass, wearing their volleyball outfits which were plain grey shirts,black shorts, and nearly matching Nike shoes. Vanessa's were pink and Veronicas were purple. "I can't stay on the sidelines forever Nessa. Neither can you, but if that's what you prefer.." Veronica set down her water bottle. Vanessa sighed, sitting down on the bench, tying her shoes while Veronica stood, putting her hair in a ponytail. "Let's gooo." Vanessa finished and started walking over to the sidelines. Veronica glanced behind her, her eyes landing on Finns who was walking up the bleachers behind Aaron. He smiled brightly at her, and before she got a chance to smile back she was startled. "Merrell!" Her coach appeared in front of her. "Yeah..?" Veronica replied. "You're in the back!" She motioned for her to get behind the net. Veronica laughed nervously, hoping to get her coaches death glare off but it stayed staring into her eyes. "But I've never played."
"I know, at least standing there will help them out a little. First day back! Get the girls energized, fire em' up! You're good with people!" She patted Roni's shoulder firmly. "What about me?" Veronica rubbed her shoulder. "Try not to take any in the face." The coach smiled and walked away, blowing the whistle to the tune of a song quietly, her high pony tailed swayed in the wind. Veronica turned to look at the field, sighing and squinting her eyes until she was ready to head out there. She walked behind the net, passed the few girls who were in front of it. She stood behind three who were talking about some guy. A girl a few feet from the side of her yelled, "Let's get ready!" She took a few steps back, shaking her hands to get herself pumped up even though she was going to avoid playing.
"Who is that?" Finn looked at Veronica who was waiting for practice to start. "Her? I'm not really sure who she is, she has a twin though.. Why?" Aaron looked at Finn. Their conversation caught Veronicas attention. She glanced up at the bleachers, listening to more. "She's in my English class, seems really nice." Veronica looked back at the net, smiling a little. After a few seconds, the whistle blew. She covered her ears, almost falling to her knees. Her eyes tightened, the sound bursted into her ears. As it ended, she straightened up, trying to calm down. The practice had started. Colleen was on the other side of the net. Her eyes widened as she saw Veronica, then whispered to one of their teammates. A girl stepped up and served.The ball flew up in the air, then she smacked it, aiming at Veronica. It whipped in the air, flying over the net. The others tried to get it but couldn't reach it. Roni held out her arms to try and hit it, but she missed and it bonked her in the head.  She fell back into the grass, then heard laughter. Sitting up, she saw her sister make a "dang it " face. Veronica sighed, then stood back up, shaking it off. Another girl served the ball and aimed it at Roni again. She backed up as it went over the net, linked her hands and her arms went out, hitting the ball as the others dived for it. She watched it go over the net. Colleen stood frozen, watching it fly over and hit the ground next to her. It didn't really faze anyone but Colleen. She talked to some of the teammates. She smirked, proud and surprised of herself. Then she glanced at Vanessa, who was fake clapping and smiling. Her eyes moved to Finn and Aaron. She heard Aaron say "Oh, damn." Then, she saw Colleen step up. She grabbed the ball and met eyes with Veronica. "Oh god.." She mumbled, hoping someone else would be able to get it. Her teammate next to her motioned for her to move up. Veronica hesitated, but walked up anyway. The girls on the other side back up as Colleen came in the middle, carrying the volleyball. She stared down Veronica, then got ready to serve. She felt everyone's eyes on her and Colleen as her heart raced. Colleen threw the ball up, and with all her might, she smacked it over the net. The ball was heading towards the ground until Veronica swerved and hit it over the net. It flew past Colleen then hit the ground. Vanessa stood up and yelled. "Oh my gosh! Woo!" Veronica smiled as all of her teammates walked to her, except Colleen. They smiled and said "Nice job." The coaches face was even in awe. "That's my sister!" Vanessa clapped. "Woo!" Aaron stood up, cheering. He then looked at Colleen giving her a "she's pretty good" look then sat down. Colleen scoffed and tried not to make a big deal about it even though she was pretty pissed and confused. Finn looked over at Veronica, flashing a smile and nodding his head since everyone else was.

AN: Hey! Sorry this wasn't a really eventful chapter, but I promise the next one will be! I hope that you guys like this. I don't know how long I'll continue it but I love writing it!