The boy and the storm.

The next pound on the glass door caught her attention fully. She raced to the door, and to her surprise it was Finn. His hair and clothes were soaked and his colorful eyes were filled with worry. She didn't hesitate to open it. "I-I took my eyes off the road for like 2 seconds tops," his accented voice shook and he seemed like he was going to pass out. He moved his head as a few tiny drops of water flung out of his hair.. He looked frantically behind him. "a-and this dog just comes out of nowhere.." He put his hands on his neck, stressing out. Veronicas brown eyes widened as she realized what happened. "Hey, hey, it's okay, do you know where it happened so I ca-"
"Yeah, yeah, I know where it happened, but that doesn't matter, the dogs in my car.." Veronica motioned for him to go to his car as she started to follow. The rain hit her and drenched her right away. She followed him to his blue Toyota while he rushed to the trunk. As Finn opened it, a dog, about the size of a German Shepard viciously snapped, startling them both. Finn stepped in front of Veronica, seeming to try and protect her as the dog jumped at them. She noticed Finns terrified face, then spoke to ease him. "Are you alright?" He nodded, trying to straighten himself out. "She's just frightened." Veronicas eyes met with the dogs like magnets, as if they were both in a trance. She snapped out of it and the dog whimpered, quitting his barking, then signaled that it was okay to help.

"I think her legs broken." Veronica leaned over the injured dog on the table, carefully examining it as Finn stood behind. She pet the dog, comforting it. "I've seen the doctor do plenty of splints. I can give her a pain killer for now." She glanced over at Finn who was shaking. His shirt was still soaked. "Oh, we have some extra shirts if you want." She headed over to the closet. "No, no, it's okay. I'm fine." Finn tried to shake it off, hoping to come across as tough. Veronica laughed as she leaned on the door. "Change your shirt, tough guy." She smiled and turned away, pulling out a button up from a drawer that had the animal shelters logo. As she walked back over she noticed the bit of blush and a thankful smile on his face. Finn slipped into the corner of the room near a table, facing the wall and took off his grey shirt, and dried himself with a towel. She stared at him, trying to not make it obvious but she knew he could probably feel her eyes glued to him.The dog whimpered making her look at it and grin.

Finn came out as soon as Veronica was wrapping the dogs leg with a bandage. "Thanks for doing this, I feel really really stupid." He chuckled. She flashed a smile up at him, still fixing up the pups leg. She rested her elbow on the table and put her head in her palm, looking up at him. "How come?"
"I don't know. I freaked out like a total wuss." He sighed, looking down.
"Oh yeah? Well what are you?" She asked, watching him smile. "Tougher than that I hope!" He laughed, running his hands through his semi dry hair. Veronica looked up at him with a goofy smile. "You know, a few years ago, my dad accidentally stepped on an butterfly once and I started bawling my eyes out.." She almost laughed at herself because of how stupid that sounded. "Really? A butterfly? How's that possible?" He questioned her as he chuckled, folding his arms. "No clue. But he did it. Imagine what I'd be like in your shoes." She now had both arms resting on the table as she pet the resting dog. The sound of the rain pattering and the attractive boy standing next to her made her feel light and happy. She hadn't felt this way before. After a few moments of silence she spoke. "So.. Looks like she's going to live. You can probably let her now if you want." Veronica tried to be cheerful. "I don't know." Finn seemed cautious. "Aw come on tough guy, you don't want her to sue, do you? I heard this breed is very litigious." Veronica smirked as Finn rolled his eyes, placing his hand on the long haired dog and smiled. " I think she likes you." Veronica looked down at the dog as Finn pet it. She felt his eyes stare at her, then she glanced up. "What?" She asked as he scanned her face. "Oh, you have an eye lash on your cheek.."
"Oh.." She tried wiping it off with her sleeve but missed. "Can I?" Finn slowly reached his thumb out as Veronica gazed at him. He wiped off the eyelash off her freckled skin. "Thanks." They both smiled, awkwardly looking down trying to hide it.

"So um," the two had headed to Finns car after the storm stopped. "About family night on Friday," Veronica spoke until Finn stopped her and laughed. "Total lie."
"Hm, really? Okay, then.. would you like to go to that party with me?" Veronica boldly asked, leaning her arm oh the front of the car. Finn opened the drivers seat of his car and rested his chin on it. "I'm not much of a party person.." Veronica rolled her eyes. "Me either. We could be non party people together."
"Just teasin'. Of course I would." Veronicas eyes moved up and down on him as she smiled, backing away while Finn pulled out of the lot.

Roni rolled onto her bed, not able to wipe the dorky smile off her face. Vanessa had passed out in her room before she had gotten home, so she would for sure tell her everything tomorrow. She moved her head back so she could see outside her window. The moon was full of light and so was her mind at that moment. She moved it back down, pulling the black covers over herself as her sleepy eyes fluttered until they came to a slow stop, closing.

She rubbed her closed eyes rolled over to the right, startled by the feel of leaves and cold chill. Her eyes snapped open, frantically looking around her, trying to focus on the setting. Her heart started racing as she sat up, realizing where she was.

AN: Back with another chapter! I'm not good with coming up with chapter names (as you can tell) so I'm just going to leave this as chapter 5 until I'm awake enough to come up with another title haha. Enjoy! 💗 (I'll try to update as much as possible, I promise the next chapter will be up soon.)