Chapter 4: Blizzard of '11

Two weeks had passed since the competition in Des Moines, Iowa and the day was January 30th and that day was also Brooke's 13th birthday, the day before, she got a great early birthday present when she won first place with her solo with a perfect score of 300 at Starpower in Detroit while Chloe got second place, Nia got third and the group dance got first, After the competition, they took her out to dinner.

Later that night at Sebastian's house, Sebastian was eating a Chicken Salad for dinner and he enjoyed it, then he finished his meal and cleaned up and then he headed to the living room and sat on the couch and was watching TV and he turned the channel to the weather channel and there was a report that a blizzard was approaching Chicago.

"The worst blizzard to hit the windy city since 1979 is approaching and it is predicted that at least 20 inches of snow is predicted to fall and after getting reports of this, from what i was told, 1,300 flights to and from O'Hare and Midway airports are going to be cancelled as a precaution. CTA, Metra and Pace have been getting prepared themselves, so buses and trains are expected to be crowded during this blizzard. Some Amtrak service out of chicago has been cancelled in anticipation of the snowstorm. It's also predicted to be up to 20 to 24 inches, so parents, make sure to watch to see which schools are going to be closed and most likely, all schools will be closed for the week in preparation and all residents are advised to stay indoors and make sure to be careful if you are outside because the roads may have ice."

"Man, this is gonna be a huge snowstorm. I better call Mom and let her know." Sebastian said to himself as he grabbed his cell phone and dialed Abby's number.

"Hey, Sebastian." Abby greeted her son over the phone.

"Hi, Mom. Have you watched the weather?" He asked.

"No, i havent Sweetie. Why?" Abby wondered.

"I have and just to let you know, that this upcoming monday is gonna be the start of a blizzard and between tuesday and wednesday it's supposed to get real bad on tuesday." Sebastian informed.

"Whoa..." Abby said. "Thanks for informing me, i'm gonna tell the girls, the moms and the faculty not to come in for this week because of this snowstorm and also, i'm gonna call the competition that we were planning to come to that we're not gonna be able to make it, i might have the girls spend the week with you."

"Sounds good to me. Make sure that You, Grandma and Broadway Baby are warm through this blizzard." Sebastian said.

"Will do." Abby replied. "Love you."

"Love you too mom, bye bye." Sebastian told his mother and then he hung up his phone and around Midnight, he went to bed.

The next day, January 31st, it was around 4:30 PM and Sebastian was cleaning up his house, he knew it was going to start snowing that day so he had decided to stay indoors, he was wearing an Adidas black tanktop and black trackpants and then he heard the doorbell ring, he headed from the kitchen to the door to see who it was, Sebastian looked through the eye hole of the door and saw that it was the girls and their moms, he then opened the door.

"Hi, girls." Sebastian greeted.

"Hey, Sebastian!" Maddie, Mackenzie, Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Nia and Brookie all said as they had their bags which had their clothes, some of them had sleeping bags and they walked inside of the house, then he looked over at the moms.

"Ladies, thanks for bringing the girls over."

"You're welcome, Seb." Christi told him.

"Abby told us that she called the competition director that we weren't gonna be able to make it because of the blizzard that's planning to strike, so she also told us to bring the girls here." Melissa added.