Chapter 24: Showdown in Hollywood

The big day was finally here, Nationals had finally arrived and at a performing arts theater that was near the hotel, Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, the girls and their moms had all just arrived and surprisingly, when they walked in, they didn't see Cathy or the other Candy Apples yet.

They arrived in their dressing room and the girls got ready for their solos and Christi was doing Chloe's makeup and hair, Melissa was doing Maddie's make up and hair, and Sebastian had offered to do Mackenzie's hair and makeup and he did it well, then the three girls got changed into their costumes.

Chloe was the first one to exit the dressing room and she was in a sequined dress that had red stripe at the top, white in the middle and blue on the bottom, it had attached spandex shorts and the dress also had stars all around, giving it a patriotic look.

Maddie left the changing room next and she was in a printed spandex biketard that had a fishing curly edge satin neck ruffle, an attached jeweled waist bow. A Printed topskirt with tricot underskirt and matte spandex shorts were attached.

Mackenzie came out last and she was wearing a simply lovely dress that had a metallic lace bodice with layers of tulle over a tricot high-low skirt with Matte nylon/spandex trunks attached, then they headed to the stage.

Abby, Sebastian, Gianna, the moms, Brooke, Paige, Nia and Brookie had all taken their seats and behind them was Cathy, Nicole and Tanya. Also with them was Kim Parish, who is Sarah's mother, Barb Schrade, who is Erika's mother and Kelli McCullogh, who is Kerisa's mother.

"Next up in our mini soloist division we have Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Salvation!" Mackenzie came out to applause and Melissa wasn't applauding as much as she saw her younger daughter take her spot. Mackenzie then began dancing and she was fabulous from start to finish with her solo and when she was done, she got a lot of cheers and Melissa, like before was clapping sparsely, but Abby and Sebastian had huge smiles on their faces.

"Coming up we have Vivi from the Candy Apples Dance Center with Hollywood Tonight!" Vivi came out and she was in a biketard that was completely covered with Ultra Sparkle sequin spanded, a keyhole cutout at the neckline. A mid-back cutout, long sleeves and dramatic attached feather shrug. She then started her dance to the music and she had a lot of flaws and it showed, then she headed off stage to applause after her solo.

"That's ok, Vivi!" Cathy assured from the crowd.

"Talk about obnoxious." Hollie stated.

"I know, right?" Sebastian agreed.

"Coming up in our elite junior soloist division, we have Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Living in America!" The announcer said as she took her usual spot on the stage that Abby, Sebastian and Gianna had tolder her to stand on and from the beginning, Chloe was awesome with her solo and it reminded Sebastian of the solo he did when he was younger, at the time, his costume was a suit made of the american flag and Chloe headed off the stage after she was done.

"Up next is Kerisa from the Candy Apples Dance Center with Wild Wild Party!" Kerisa came on to the stage decked out in a fabulous frock that had a stretch mesh and sequin spandex bodice with a premium metallic neckband and waistband, stretch fringe covered the attached premium metallic shorts.

"Next we have Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with I Want To Go To Hollywood!" Maddie came out from the wings of the stage and stood on stage and she did good with her solo and she thought that it was enough for a win and her solo ended and she left the stage.

"Coming up we have Sarah from the Candy Apples with Lose My Breath!" Sarah walked on to the stage and she was in a urban-inspired zip-front vest with faux leather patches and colorful insets. She was starting to do her solo to show that she could beat any of the ALDC Dancers and she had problems because at one point, she tripped and fell on her back when she botched a landing on the aerial, but she got up and continued dancing and headed off stage at the end, then the girls headed backstage to get in their group dance costumes.

The girls were in indescent sequin lace sparkles all over the stretch satin bodice of the matte nylon/spanded biketard with a cascading stretch mesh two-tier back skirt.

"Up next in our junior elite groups, we have Behind The Glass by the Candy Apples Dance Center!" Vivi, Taylor, Kerisa, Sarah and Erika all came out in black dresses Stretch sequin lace sparkles, sleeves, mock neck and georgette draped front high-low skirt, back zipper and Matte nylon/spandex trunks were attached. while Justice was in a black t-shirt and pants.

"Coming up is from the Talking To The Moon Abby Lee Dance Company!" Maddie, Mackenzie, Brooke, Paige, Chloe, Brookie and Nia all headed out on to the stage. They started dancing and like a well oiled machine, they danced to perfection to the music and they kept it that way through the entire routine and at the end, they posed to applause and headed off stage.

"Yeah, girls!" Holly cheered.

"Hopefully the Judges agree that the group was great." Kelly stated.

"I hope so." Christi told them.

After the last routines had been done, it was now time for awards to see who was the national champion of dancing. The first portion was the elite mini soloist division, then next would be the elite junior soloist division, then the duet/trio division and last but not least, the group dance awards. The elite mini soloist division awards were being presented, places 10 through 2 were announced and Vivi or Mackenzie's solos hadn't been announced as winners or one of them or both didn't place.

"And the first place overall elite mini soloist is Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Salvation!" Mackenzie got up and received her trophy while Vivi looked dejected over not winning or placing and surprisingly, Melissa wasn't clapping with the other moms, but Abby, Sebastian and Gianna had proud expression on their faces.

"Yay, Kenz!" Sebastian cheered, then it was time for the junior elite soloist division awards, places 10-3 were announced and the solos done by Kerisa and Sarah didn't place.

"In second place we have Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with I Want To Go To Hollywood!" Maddie looked upset as she got her 2nd place trophy and Melissa didn't look happy at seeing her older daughter not winning.

"I thought Maddie would have won and Mackenzie would have lost." Melissa said to herself, but no one heard what she said as first place was about to be announced.

"And in first place National Champion soloist is Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Living in America!" Chloe had a smile on her face as she got up to get her trophy from the announcer, got a crown put on her head and stood next to Maddie, who had a fake smile on her face but was upset, because she felt that she should have won.

"Yeah, Chloe!" Christi exclaimed.

"Great job!" Sebastian and Abby both said, then after the Duet/Trio awards portion had passed, now was the time for the group dance awards.

"In second place is Behind The Glass by the Candy Apples Dance Center!" Vivi, Justice, Taylor, Kerisa, Sarah and Erika had dejected expressions on their faces as Vivi got the award for them and she sat back down, now the award that mattered, was first place.

"And in first place is Talking To The Moon by the Abby Lee Dance Company!" Abby, Sebastian, Gianna and the moms all cheered as Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige, Chloe and Brookie had gotten up and received a big trophy to show that they were the dancing national champions.

"We did it, Mom!" Sebastian exclaimed, hugging his mother.

"We sure did, Sebastian." Abby replied with a smile.

"Let's hope to bring home another National Title next season!" Gianna added.

"You know it, Gia." Sebastian chuckled.

"Can you believe it?" Kelli fumed to Cathy. "How did we lose to them?"

"They can have this one, next year, we'll be the new champs." Cathy told them.

Later, Abby, Sebastian took the girls and their moms out to dinner to celebrate their national championship, after dinner, they caught a night flight back home to Chicago.