6

🖖🏾

Lauren returned home to an empty apartment which was unusual to her. Usually she would have expected to be beat unconscious as soon as she entered the front door.

Lauren had made sure to wake Addie just incase she had to defend herself she didn't want to end up dropping her daughter, again.

"Mommy I still teepy'." Addie followed pigeon toed behind her mommy with one finger in her mouth.

"Go get in the bed then baby. Mommy will be there in a moment." Lauren unintentional dropped her keys onto the glass coffee table.

"Otay." Addie dragged her feet.

Lauren remained trying to figure out where Wayne could possibly be. She searched his home looking for him but he didn't turn up.

She began to immediately worry. This was the wrong time of year for him to go missing because she didn't know what he could possibly do to himself with his heart being so heavy.

Unlocking her phone she dialed his number. "Your call has been forwarded..." She hung up the phone calling two more times but getting the same outcome.

Lauren sunk herself into the couch trying her hardest to relax. She should be more relived that he was missing and she wasn't being harm but she was doing the complete opposite.

Her phone buzzed and she quickly checked to see who it could be.

Kera👯💙: Hey girl it's me I'm on break for the semester and I was hoping we could link like old times I miss you and you never text me back anymore 😔.

Lauren hadn't text her bestfriend in forever because Wayne damn near prevented her from having any outside contact. She did in fact want to link with Kera and with Wayne being long gone she decided she would.

Lauren👯💙: I miss you too but I've been busy with 'life' lmao but let's link

Kera👯💙: lmao I am your life but Where do you have in mind?

-

"Addie this is Alice, Alice this is Addie." Ajayy introduced his daughter to his girlfriend. His decided to introduce the two as an apology for the way he behaved earlier. Addie is spending the night since Lauren went out with Kera so it would be the perfect time for them to bond.

"Hey pretty girl." Alice waved from the couch.

Addie hid behind her father holding onto his leg while biting her pointer finger.

"Don't act all shy now." He removed her arm and moved out of her way.

Addie remained quiet just staring at the woman who she felt was trying to replace her mommy.

"Addie say hey." Ajayy encouraged her bending down to her level grabbing her arm forcing her to wave.

"Hey." Addie finally said. "I Addie." She smiled.

-

The rest of the night the girls bonded playing dress up, doing each other's nails and hair while Ajayy jealously watched the whole thing unfold, he never seen his daughter take to anyone so fast.