7

Day 1 , 7:15 am

Ajayy slowly pulled into the driveway of the house he'd been searching for, for years and it didn't look as special as he thought it would.

"So this where she been hiding from me at?" He smirked as he turned his car off and subconsciously removed his keys.

Momma Nae had called him taking him out of his sleep. As much as he wanted to have an attitude he was happy about the reason she called, which was so he could take his daughter to school, something he hadn't done in so long.

Ajayy made his way to the front door of the small home and once there he knocked repeatedly on it.

Just moments later the door opened.

Ajayy was extremely surprised to see that Addie had opened the door for him. He had missed many essential moments in her life, he didn't know his daughter was so brilliant and he didn't want to miss any more moments of her intelligence gaining.

"Addie what did I tell you about opening that door?" Lauren snatched her up and popped her once, not concerned about who was at the door.

She was upset that her daughters life could've been in danger from her opening the door without permission.

"Aye, you don't have to grab her like that. "Ajayy stepped in and attempted to remove Addie from Lauren's arms.

He didn't take to kindly to his daughter being disciplined unless it was by him.

Ajayy's presence caught Lauren off guard, she still didn't want Ajayy to know where she resided because then he would feel like he could pop up at any time and that would cause more problems than one.

"What are you doing here?" She frowned up at him while placing Addie onto the ground still latching onto her arm. She knew she would have to curse momma Nae out later for giving him her home address.

"Why you grabbing my child so hard ?" He rebutted completely entering and closing the door behind himself.

"Because she shouldn't be opening doors like that , you could've been anybody. Somebody that could've grabbed her way worse than I did and never bring her back." Lauren explained releasing Addie causing her to tearfully run into her father's embrace.

She didn't even grab Addie that hard but since her father was here of course Addie would put on a show.

"It's okay fat." Ajayy squat down and comforted her. "Daddy got you. "he rubbed circles into her back.

Lauren sorrowfully watched her baby girl cry, she didn't mean to grab Addie so hard but she shouldn't be opening doors without permission.

"My daughter doesn't deserve to be grabbed up like that. "Ajayy stood up focusing back on Lauren with Addie in his hand. Lauren was not usually violent with Addie except for on one occasion so Ajayy couldn't figure out what got into her. "I don't care what she did." He shook his head. He didn't mind her getting popped but being snatched up could've pulled her arm out of place.

"I know I'm sorry mama. " Lauren addressed Addie, but Addie hid her face in Ajayy's shoulder. She didn't want to talk to her mommy for the moment.

Her daughter turning away from her hurt Lauren so bad she had to bite back tears.   Ajayy could tell by the look on her face that her feelings were hurt.

"Don't be mean to your mommy, she said she's sorry.  " he instructed Addie.

"I no won't her to hurt me like she get hurt. " Addie whined.