Chapter X : In the moonlight

Astrid's POV

I opened my eyes, heavily. It was still dark. I wasn't aware of anything but I remember what happened...He's still asleep. Or he looked so. Too many obsessions entered my mind, what if he doesn't wake up ? What if he died ? All these 'what ifs' irritated me.

I stood up, and made my way to the bathroom to wash my face and drink a cup of water, maybe these ideas will quit my mind.

I looked at the mirror, I didn't see my face but l saw something else. A memory, a memory of me and Hayden walking, to school maybe. It was the day when he told me about his mother and his father and his birthday. I can't forget that day.

Suddenly, I heard movement, and as fast as lightning, I went upstairs to the room. Hayden started to open up his eyes. A little smile appeared on my face. I walked towards him and handed my palm and put it on his cheek. He smiled then turned into dust and..... disappeared.

I stood there, shocked. A tear fell down my eye, then a second then I fell myself on the ground. Crying...

...

- Aaaahhh ! I woke up screaming.
It was a dream. I looked at Hayden who was asleep next to me. I stood up to change the towel on his forehead and...I kissed his cheek. At that moment he opened his eyes slowly so I pulled back quickly.
- A...As... Astrid, is that you ? He was so tired and hurt.
- Yeah it's me, go to rest it's still early. I was really blushing.
- Come here.
I walked to him and...He grabbed me and laid me on top of him then he said
- Astrid, thank you. Without you I'd be dead. And he kissed me on the lips ! I hugged him and he hugged me back. We stayed like that, well, 'til Toothless came and licked Hiccup's face. He was happy to see Hiccup again, he was so worried about him. I sighed in relief, I was happy to see my lo...I mean Hiccup ok.

It was 3am, Hiccup was healing much faster than I thought. I wanted to know what happened so badly...

Hiccup's POV

I can see worry and anxiousness on her face, so I put my hand on her cheek
- Are you ok ?
- Yeah... I just wanna know what happened to you ?
I gasped then said
- A thief got in the house so I had to defend myself. That was hard, I hate lying to her but I think she bought it for now. I can't tell her the truth. She looked at me and tears fell down on her red cheeks.
- It's ok...I'm ok, don't worry I'll be fine. And I hugged her.
- What if I lost you ? I can't imagine a world without you in it.
I just hugged her tighter.

She took care of me. Astrid didn't leave my side. I felt happy and warm in her presence. I can't imagine a world without her in it either.

*Later*

We were outside, looking at the moon, laying on the grass. It was so romantic. I finally could stand up on my feet. She put one hand on my shoulder and the other on my chest. And closed her eyes.
- Hiccup !
- Yeah ?
- Happy birthday... And she hugged me so tight. She reminds me of my mother, affectionate and caring.

I turned to face Astrid. She was so beautiful, even though she was tired, she took care of me, she returned the favor.

- Hiccup... She said.
- Yeah ? Still facing her.
- I won't go to school today, I will keep your side.
- It's ok, don't worry, I feel fine. Maybe I'll go to school. I tried to stand up but I couldn't. My knees were shaking and I think they are seriously hurt.
- No. You didn't heal yet. You stay here and I'll call the principal and talk to him. She stood up and went inside to look for something, I guess.

Few minutes later, she came back with two crutches.

- From where did you get these ? I face palmed her.
- Well, you're not the only one to get himself in trouble. Her face became reddish pink and I just chuckled.

I managed to stand up with a little help from Astrid. Ok.... A lot of help from Astrid. ( Yellow_Panda_333 ) Finally, I'm on my feet. Astrid helped me with the crutches, I got back my equilibrium again and made my 'first steps' just like a baby.

Astrid was laughing so hard for no reason.
- What are you laughing at ? I asked her.
- Nothing, you remind me of my self when I twisted my ankle last year. I couldn't move two steps forward without falling on the ground.

And that's what happened, a rock made me stumble and I fell on Astrid. We were on the ground, her hair somehow got down and I was on top of her. What could happen ?!

She was staring at me, her face became all red, she was amazingly beautiful. We stood like that for a moment before.... We pull each other into a kiss, passionately.

- I can't imagine a world without you in it. I said.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hi guys ! Another chapter !

Enjoy !

And don't forget to vote and comment !

One more thing : You can go and read our friend's AMAZING stories and books. Her name is mentioned above ^.^

That's it for now.

~HiccupHxAstridH~