Loving You Discretely (BoyxBoy Romance) - Chapter 3 : Inside These Walls

Here's chapter 3 for Loving You Discretely! :D I hope you guys enjoy Ayden's solo chapter :D 

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Become a Fan! (@CrissyCalabria) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                     Chapter 3: Inside These Walls

                                              Ayden’s POV

         “What the hell are you doing here? I told you I never wanted to see you again.” I snarled and noticed Kai hesitating as he rounded the corner back toward the cafeteria. I hoped he hadn’t noticed my hostility, but it was difficult to restrain when face with a man I only wished had died years ago.

         "Ahh Ayden, now is that any way to greet me? After all it’s been years, hasn’t it?" He replied and I felt contempt boiling in me.

How dare he come here? How dare he speak to me after all he had done, all he had allowed to happen? Panic rose in the walls of my mind as the fierceness I once held slowly started to wane. I didn’t think I could handle this. I never wanted to set eyes on this betraying fool again, but I suppose my luck had run out. How did I expect not to run into such a powerful, well known man in a town this size?

         "How did you know I was here? What the hell do you want?" I demanded, less than fervently, but with as much conviction as I could muster. It was all coming back in waves and flashes, the pain, the shame and disgrace I fought so hard to bury for all of these years.

"Gwen told me. She wants us to... reunite, rekindle our relationship. She's a sweet girl, very trusting." He commented and it made my stomach turn.

         Not only had I not wanted him anywhere near me, but I didn’t want talking to my friends, colleagues, and least of all my fiancée. I couldn't believe she had done this to me. She knew how I felt about this man. I'm certain she meant well by it, but she wasn't aware of the true reason why I had severed ties with him. No one was, except for Grey.

         "You can go to hell!" I spat angrily, feeling backed into a corner, with fear and adrenaline rising in me. I was preparing to fight or flee and since I was reverting to past behaviors, I was definitely about to flee.

          I hadn’t realized our confrontation of sorts had been so loud, but when a firm yet calming hand lay on my shoulder I realized we had drawn unwanted attention. I shrunk into him, almost instinctively, searching for the comfort I needed so desperately in this moment. He was the strong one, always encouraging me and believing in me as only a best friend could. His soft yet commanding voice soothed me.

          "Darius." Grey greeted in a smooth yet slightly skeptical tone, as if my dearest friend didn’t believe he had the balls to show his face to me after everything that happened.

"Greyson, how good to see you again. It’s been a long time." He responded and thrust his hand in Grey's direction, as if a handshake would erase all of the bad blood between the three of us. Grey took it hesitantly, but shook accommodatingly nonetheless. He was ever the well mannered sir, as his parents had taught him.

          "What brings you here today Darius? Not that it isn’t nice to see you again, sir." Grey replied effortlessly, but I could hear the distain laced in his tone. He always had my back, ever since we first became friend so many years ago.