Trip to the Beach

I woke up around nine and got myself ready. I packed a bathing suit and other things for today. I still had two hours until Nathan picked me up, so I walked to a nearby market to buy some fruits. I bought some watermelons and grapes for the trips to the beach. When I got home, I washed the grapes and prepared them. I put them in a container and into the fridge.

I went on my phone while waiting. I went onto my Instagram and was looking through the news feed. It has been a while since I've been on my social media. As I was scrolling through, I saw a picture of Seo-Young and Shownu with her wedding ring.

Wow Shownu finally did it. Why does part of me not feel happy though. I wonder how they are doing? Do they still remember me? Does they hate me?

I decided to call Seo-Young and hopefully she would answer.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Unnie, it's me Min-Seo," I said softly waiting for her respond.

"Min-Seo?"

"Hmm, do you remember me?"

"Of course. It's just been a while since we've talked or seen each other. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine. How are you? I saw Shownu asked you!"

"I'm doing good. And yeah he asked me last night! I'm really excited," she said.

"I am too! How is Wonho?"

"The truth or a lie," she asked me.

"Truth..."

"Well to be honest, he's a mess. Shownu and I are trying our best to get him back the way he used to be. It's hard though," she answered.

"Does he hate me," I asked nervously.

"I don't know. He just doesn't want to hear your name though."

"Yeah he hates me."

"No, it's just that hearing your name makes him feel hurt."

"Which then leads to him hating me," I said.

"Don't say that. Are you coming back at all?"

"I don't know. Just tell him I'm sorry and to please look for someone else," I said tearing up a bit.

"So you might not come back?"

"All I can say is I don't know. Please don't hate me and understand why I left," I said.

"I do, its just that you said you would come back."

"I know I did, but that's before I found someone else too. I'm also going to college too."

"Oh that's good."

"Seo-Young if I do come back, it will be me just telling him to move on."

"I think it's better you tell him then us."

"Okay. Please don't hate me though. I would still want to keep in touch," I said.

"Of course."

"And I'm so happy for you and Shownu. Send me pictures of your wedding when you do," I asked.

"I will."

"Okay. I should go now."

I hung up the phone and took a moment.

To be honest, I don't think I want to go back to Seoul. I love it in California. I have a boyfriend and I'm going to a great college.