02 | SALT & BURN

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
SALT & BURN
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼SALT & BURN▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

   "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG with you?!" Dean screamed.

   Margo had followed him a good two minutes until he got to his neatly cleaned black car. She considered her options, and came to the decision of entering the car just before he left. Dean took the keys from his pocket and right after he put them in their place, just as he turned it to turn on the engines, Margo protected her face with her arms and threw herself inside the car. The impact of metal crashing against her arms didn't come. Nothing did. She didn't feel anything, except for Dean's angry voice screaming at her.

   Letting her arms slowly fall to her sides she looked around, noticing she was inside the old car. A huge grin formed at her lips as she turned to glance at the man beside her with pure joy. It, however, faded away much quicker seeing his expression. Fury. That charming smile that once settled on his face was gone, no trace of it ever being there. Margo licked her lips, following his hand with her gaze as it moved to his jacket.

   "Dean, I'm sorry, but if you'll just—" she didn't finish that sentence, Margo cut herself off seeing the man skillfully pull out a gun from his holster and aim at her head. "Oh my God! Oh my— Jesus— What is wrong with you?!"

"What are you?" Dean snapped, making her flinch at the sudden demand.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, Dumbass, but you won't listen!" Margo contained herself to not scream at him, in fact her voice wasn't even raised as much as she wanted to. They were in a small space and she didn't need a headache right there and then. Her words seemed to hit some sense into him, since his features and posture softened. But the gun was still firmly raised.

"Fine, why are you following me?" he asked and she couldn't help but roll her eyes. He really didn't bother to listen anything she said.

   "Because you're the only one who can see me so maybe you know what's going on?" Margo explained softly, trying to choose the right words that'd make him lower his gun. That wasn't successful as Dean seemed even a bit... bored by the situation.

"Yeah... yeah, I know what's happening," he nodded, his grip on the gun not as tight as he contorted himself to get something from the back seat. A bag. The brunette waited patiently for him to put the bag on his lap and rummage through it, until he found what he wanted.

It was a can. He took out a plastic can to fix her. She was skeptical immediately. Margo's gaze switched from the can to Dean briefly wondering what his plans were. And then, so fast she had time to only blink, he opened the can and threw its contents on her. On instinct, her eyes closed shut as she waited for whatever it was that was inside it to hit her face. A load of tiny crumbs hit her, a few getting inside her mouth and giving her tongue a taste of what it was. Her features formed an unstoppable grimace as she tasted the salt.