iv. the deceit

Evelynn was going to die any second now. She was running from the police and she had a bullet inside of her torso tearing at the limbs. "I can't go this way," She muttered. "Where the hell is my stuff? My wound will get infected and I'll die."

Jack listened to everything she said and chuckled.

She turned to him, "You think this is a joke, pretty boy!? I could die!"

"Don't be dramatic," was his response.

"You don't understand the struggle," she argued.

"Evelynn, it's a game."

"To you, Jack, maybe but this is my life"

"It's Grand Theft Auto, Evelynn. Pull yourself together," he joked.

"Must I? My will to live has diminished and it's all because of you. I guess... I have to... End... It all," As she ended her sentence her character shot himself. When the bang of the gun on her screen stopped, the bang of the FBI entering the condo could be heard.

"FBI! Hands where I can see them," a shout could be heard from the entrance of their complex. Then FBI agents started flooding into the living room shouting orders for their hands to be in the air.

"In a minute, guys," Merritt said holding a finger up. Jack and Evelynn both lazily put their hands up. Atlas put his hands up as well.

"Put the book down," the FBI agent demanded.

Merritt finally had it down and his hands were up as peace signs. "Okay, you got me."

When the agent saw Henley his gun was pointed towards her, once again, demanding hands in the air. "Oh, my," Henley said raising her hands, a smile on her face. "Do one of you guys mind giving us a hand with our bags?"

"Lets's go," he said.

The agents escorted them out of their rooms and down through the casino, with their bags. When they passed the casino a whole bunch of people cheered for them. Evelynn was quite smug about the whole ordeal smiling at people and nodding when they called to her. The agents shoved them into the back of their black cars. Jack and Evelynn got paired up in the same car, which they both were okay with. The duration of their ride consisted of jokes and very subtle not so nice remarks towards the agents that rode with them.

Before she knew it, Evelynn was in the interrogation room bored out of her mind. She wanted to deduce something or talk to someone. Not long ago, she was fiddling with her her hair pin, examining it like it was the only thing that mattered to her. However, soon after someone walked in and confiscated it from her. So now, she's pouting and about ready to actually kill herself. She opted for staring at the camera that was strangely facing her way. She just stared and didn't move a muscle whatsoever. As she was focusing on being a statue, the door to the interrogation room opened. In came, Detective Dylan Rhodes, Evelynn had spoken to him once, and a blonde woman.

"I'm bored," Evelynn told them.

"Evelynn Park, I'm Detective Dylan Rhodes and this is,"

He was cut off by the blonde who was opening a file, that was presumingly of Evelynn. "Alma Dray from Interpol. I've heard a lot about you, Miss Park.
You have quite the reputation and a very wild back story to you. You must have a bit of emotional damage."

"Must I? Sure I had a few Daddy and Mommy issues and falling outs here and there but it's really no big deal. I can talk more about the process but I would assume it'll bore you more than it'll bore me. Plus, that's not why you're here is it?"

"Okay, let's get straight to business then and address the elephant in the room. Three million euros, how did you do that?"

"Magic, obviously. I don't have time for these games, Rhodes."