v. the performance

They were in New Orleans. It was Mardi Gras, the streets were crowded and full of color. During the day they explored a bit with everyone but soon after they headed back to the theater that they were going to perform in. Daniel needed to make sure that everything was in check and going smoothly. He was a control freak after all her can't have anything out of place. Evelynn and the other Horsemen were hanging out in the back room. Evelynn head was on Jack's lap as he played with her hair. They were all joking around and saying nonsense, to get them to the right audience ready mood.

From Evelynn's vision, she could see Merritt get up and walk over to sit next to Henley. "Do me a favor," he started off. "Visualize your most adventurous sexual experience." When he finished Evelynn snorted. To make it even better Evelynn's can see Daniel's head popping out from behind a pillar.

"Stay out of my head you perv."

"Well, no. If I stay out of your head, I'm never gonna get into your pants. So, let's stick with this exercise." Evelynn laughed at Merritt and Henley. Jack looked from them to Daniel grinning.

"Pardon the intrusion," a voice at the door announced, she could tell that it was Thaddeus Bradley without even looking up to see. "I just wanted to wish you good luck tonight."

"What? So you can try to expose us later on your little website?" fired Jack.

"And on demand," Thaddeus agreed, nodding.

"That's not gonna happen," Henley informed him.

"Oh, no? Operating on a special plane because of The Eye?" At the statement, she saw Merritt look over at Henley. Evelynn, who was unconcerned closed her eyes and listened. "I heard it's a lovely place. Lots of star shine and moonbeams. Make any magician's wish come true. You've come a long way, much further than anyone expected of a bunch of wannabees and has-beens."

"Oh! If by has-been you're referring yo me, I just wanna say I'm flattered because I always considered myself a never was. Do you mind if I do I quick read on you?" Merritt asked.

"By all means," Thaddeus answered.

"Okay, I'm picturing a little boy. He wants to be a great magician someday and though he's good, he's not quite good enough. So he ends up at the bottom of the entertainment food chain, feeding off of those who have talent that he never did. Tell me, am I getting close?"

Evelynn peeked open one of her eyes to see Thaddeus's expression and it was amazing. She saw Daniel got up and closed her eyes once again, losing interest about what he would do. Jack go up and in the process placed her head down on the couch without bothering her.

"Wait, before you go. I'm working on something new, do you have a second?" There was a pause that Evelynn took as a yes. "Okay, name a card."

"King of hearts."

"Knew it," called out Merritt.

"Okay," a snapped could be heard. Then the sound of Daniel blowing something could be heard.

Thaddeus took a while to respond, "Up your left sleeve."

"Is it? No, no. I don't see it up there," The rest of the horsemen also confirmed there was no card up his sleeve. "You know, why don't you check you unnecessary velveteen pocket there?"

Evelynn assumed the silence that followed after was Thaddeus looking into his pocket. "Ah, anyways, thank you so much for coming by, but this is kind of a talent area only so..." Daniel trailed off.

"Break a leg," was his response.

"Hey, you break something, too," Merrit called out.

Evelynn opened her eyes one more time to see a card on the ground that read the words 'SUCK IT' on it. Shaking her head she went back to trying to take a nap.