Chapter 25

"Jocelyn!" Francis yelled in the front entrance with Crawford and Caitlin. They heard a scream that was loud. They ran toward the tower knowing it's where they came from. When they burst through the doors, Gryff was getting ready to stab her.

He reacted so quick that Caitlin couldn't yell. Francis threw his sword into his back but it didn't seem to have much effect. Out of nowhere, Jocelyn who had looked already passed out, stood up and stabbed her sword in the chest and saw the life drain from his eyes. But the happiness lasted a second before Francis screamed out in pain from his chest and saw a small sword in the chest of Jocelyn's.

"No!" He yelled. Gryff dropped dead and Jocelyn fell to her side in a gasp, she had changed her armor to a real silver vest, no sword could pierce through. He grinned slightly as he picked her up and carefully drew his wings out. "I'll be back home, check on the battle alright?" He asked Crawford.

He bobbed his head down slightly. Crawford turned around and headed out as Francis darted back to the house. When he landed and began to rush through the house, he put her on their bed. The doctor was out helping the other Chaos and he wasn't a doctor so the only thing to let her do was rest and let her body heal after he was done healing what he could and wrapped her head in a bandage.

"Where's Tulip?" Jocelyn asked weakly when she grabbed his hand.

"I'm sure Michael has her, Crawford went to go get them" he replied in a whisper. It was dark and Jocelyn could feel the heat coming from Francis as sweat still dripped down his forehead "I thought you were dead".

"No, I had the gut feeling" she heard him chuckle.

"Why didn't my sword effect him?"

"That's the power I had all along, I was destined to kill Gryff. The sword you had given me was the enchanted one from our Maker, it kept whispering to me. It told me that I had nothing to fear and that I would live to spend the rest of my life with you and Tulip, after I saw my mom lying dead in front of me I felt angry but the sword kept me going" she replied and sat up slightly.

"Jocelyn, I'm sorry about your mother, we checked and it was really her. Apparently a couple of Foreshadows got her and brought her to Gryff. Based on her wounds, she went down with a fight" he wiped away an escaped tear.

"But, when I fell asleep before I ended up at the war. How the hell did I get there?"

"I told you what your powers could be, but I never told you what mine was" Francis smiled slightly.

"Wait, so you teleported me there? I never even thought about what your power was, why hadn't you done it before?"

"Couldn't risk it, your weren't strong enough when Gryff kidnapped you when your were pregnant with Tulip. I love you Jocelyn, I won't ever let you go even if I'm tortured to hate you, loving you is worth it" he replied.

"I feel the same way, I love you too Francis. You've done so much for me, protected me, loved me, gave me Tulip. You gave me your heart, now I give you mine" Jocelyn kissed him and after that, she knew that spending the rest of her life with this man is exactly what she wanted.

~~~

Crawford carried Caitlin down the hallway wrapped in a white blanket. He looked straight ahead of him, straight face, fighting sorrow. The platform to lay her on was now directly in front of him, he carefully put his dead fiancée down. He looked and saw Jocelyn crying with their new baby Tulip in her arms, and her new Zieo next to her with his arms secured softly around her.

He looked from them, to the ground and slowly took ten steps back from the dead body and later regrouped with Francis and the others. "Anything you wanna say Jocelyn?" Francis asked her softly.

She shook her head almost right away "if I try to say anything I'll embarrass myself" she said in response.

"Everyone would understand Jocelyn, if you wanna say something you can" Crawford said. His voice was low but reassuring.

Jocelyn looked at him and handed Tulip carefully to Francis and stood up, fixed her black dress and took a few steps forward. Michael and Ariana was on the other side of the platform, looking at her with cautious eyes, watching and making sure she wouldn't collapse. She shook them off. All of Caitlin's friends were here, which was half of the Chaos population. There were soft cries every now and then, including his. He wouldn't have ever imagined he would ever feel anything like this ever again, ever since Ashley. Ash disappeared somewhere right after Caitlin had gone home to Jocelyn, if anything, he either fought and died in the war or went to the brothers and had his Chaos blood stripped from him and now lived as common people.

Sure, Crawford had Ashley killed, but that was just a story. Ashley died from child birth. Crawford needed to tell Jocelyn soon, before he himself collapsed.

"My mother was a strong fighter" Jocelyn started "she was my best friend and she never gave up to do her best to raise her little girl" her voice cracked, Francis walked toward her back and placed his hand reassuringly on her back and she continued "from what I've learned, she didn't die without a purpose. She died fighting for her people, her family, friends. But I avenged her, and I'm glad I did. I hope she's happy where she is, wherever she is. I love you mom" she finished and started to sob into Francis's shoulder.

Crawford cleared his throat and lit a match. The cries grew a bit louder as he threw the match into a crack of the platform and watched as the wood burst into flames, burning the dead body with it.

After everyone had started to head home, Crawford beckoned Jocelyn into Francis's house, mansion, castle, whatever you wanted to call it. To his surprise, she followed alone "hey" she said softly.

"Jocelyn, there's something you need to know" his voice started to shake.

Her face looked confused "what is it?"

"Caitlin, she-" he hid his face as he tried to hold himself together, Jocelyn reached to touch him but he put his hand down "she wanted you to know that, she's not your mom, your birth-mom. I hate to pin this on you now, but she told me before she left and do somethings just before the war started to tell you the truth. Yes her husband supposedly thought you were his child which is why Caitlin took you in as her own, but your birth-mom was her sister Ashley. And I was married to Ashley" he said.

She froze, dead where she stood with wide eyes "what are you saying? That you're- you're my father?" She exclaimed.

Crawford let out a sigh of hate but had a straight face "yes, I'm your biological father. Me nor Caitlin wanted you to know because you had never met your mother and both her and Thomas agreed to raise you as their own" he replied.

Jocelyn moved her staring gaze to the ground. He knew that she had began to feel hate and confusion. And now he was afraid.

~~~

Jocelyn felt anger, she felt like punching Crawford, her biological father right in the face. She felt like collapsing to the ground and just bawl, or punch a tree. She didn't know what to think, say, or do. So she just slowly started to walk away from him and through the front door. He didn't say her name, or try to stop her. Just sadly watched her run away from him.

She opened her wings and went to hidden cabin in the sky. She hadn't been there since Francis. Francis knew what Crawford had said and quickly gave Tulip to Michael and rushed to find her.