1

DEDICATED TO namastayy AND @fourtheloveoflorien FOR SPREADING THE LOVE FOR NIX.

THIS FAN FICTION TAKES PLACE AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF TFOF! ENJOY!

Nine's POV

"Damn, it sure is great to be home." I say with a sigh. I collapse onto a white suede couch and stare up at the chandelier. I can't believe I'm home. I close my eyes and let all the tension from the past few days fade into nothingness.
The battle at Dulce base was a tough one. Eight would've died if not for Marina. And I heard Johnny's got this healing thing too. Be that as it may, that bastard Setrakus Ra is more powerful than I thought. I know a big reason we got beat is because of that Legacy-canceling power he's developed. Damn, he's such a coward.
He has to take away our powers just to beat us. Pathetic.
We took a beating, but we're home. All of us. Now it's time to train, and get stronger.
Then we need to find the last Garde member. Number Five.
I feel my mind slip away and I fall asleep.

****
I wake to Johnny shaking me by the shoulder.
"Dinner," he says, and walks off to the kitchen. Geez, it's loud. Sounds like everyone's in the kitchen, laughing and having fun.
Without me.
I nearly trip as I clumsily jump off the couch.
"Yeah, I'm coming," I mutter. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and stretch out my limbs.
Boy, nothing like a nice nap to get you ready for a workout.
Really, I feel like I could run twenty miles.
As I reach the kitchen, something hits me in the nose.
Ow.
"Holy shit!" It was a freakin apple. I hear giggles, the cute noise unmistakably tells me it was Ella.
"Look out, Nine," Marina tells me in a sarcastic tone.
"Yeah, a bit late, but thanks." I say, grinning. I toss the apple to Ella and she catches it.
I notice Six is looking at me strange but decide to ignore it.
Sure, she's gorgeous. Dude would have to be an idiot to not know that much. But she's a freakin badass. And I'm a freakin triple badass.
Aren't opposites supposed to attract?

I see that nerdy Sam is cooking burgers on a skillet.
"Since when do turtles cook?" I ask, trying not to laugh.
Hey, you can't blame me. You haven't seen a turtle in an apron. Trust me, it's hilarious.
Johnny smiles. "Ignore him, Sammy. Besides, turtles are cute."
"What the hell, John?" Sam shouts, obviously offended. "You just called me a turtle!"
"Learn to accept the facts, Sammy," I say.
"Oh my god, you guys are so turtle-ish." Marina says and snickers.
"I'm a turtle!" Ella exclaims.
"No way," Marina says. "And all this time I thought you were Garde!"
Everyone is laughing except for Six, who seems to be excluded from the fun. She looks depressed. I pretend not to notice. I'm definitely not the person she'll want to talk to.
She's probably just upset about being captured by Setrakus Ra and getting turned to rock. And I don't blame her. Have you ever been turned to stone? My arm has. It doesn't feel so hot.
Then I realize that I haven't heard Eight's laugh. I guess I'm just used to hearing his humor all the time.
"Hey, where's Eight?" I ask.
"Teleporting around the penthouse, exploring." Marina answers. She blushes.
Wait, did Marina just blush when Eight was mentioned? Wtf? Oh god, that's a ship.

****
After dinner, everyone feels pretty sluggish so unfortunately, we don't train in the Lecture Hall.
If you ask me, their all just a bunch of pussies. I receed to my room where I find Ella. She's sitting on the edge of me bed, smiling.
"Whatcha doin, Squirt?" I ask as I ruffle her hair.
She laughs and then takes on a regal posture. Her face gets serious. "Your going to let me try out anti-gravity." She orders.
"Oh, I am?" I ask, hands on my hips.
"Yes." Ella says and fixes me with a steely glare. "You HAVE to."
"Well, it seems I don't have much of a choice." I pretend to be exhausted and then say, "Okaaayyy, but I'm so tired." I make some pathetic snoring noises to make her laugh.
She does and starts jumping on my bed. "Right now, mister!" She shouts.
"Fine, your Majesty!" I put my hands on her hand, as if I'm about to transfer a legacy to her, then I quickly grab her legs and swing her around upside down.
She laughs so hard that she gets hiccups. After she's worn out, we agree that I'll transfer my anti-gravity legacy to her some other time. Ella goes to get ready for bed.
I check the time. It's 9:00pm. God, I'm not tired. There's nothing to do.
Suddenly, out of the blue, Six's face appears in my head. I'm not sure why I'm thinking about her. I remember how sad she looked at dinner. Should I ask her what's going on? That would be so . . . NOT me. That's what Johnny does. Not me. I have a reputation to protect. I can't go off getting soft now, can I?
But why can't I?
Why can't I talk to her?
Because then she'll think I like her. Or worse, she'll think I LOVE her. And that would be a disaster.
Instead of facing my fears and talking to Six, I eat some pizza. Eight joins me. We eat pizza together and argue over who kicked more ass at Dulce Base.
"Well, you took a knife to the heart before the battle even started, dude." I tell him, laughing.
"Yeah but at least I didn't get my arm turned to obsidian." He counters. He grins and I think up another come back.
After exhausting ourselves with laughter, we escape to our separate rooms.
I rip off my shirt and plop down in bed.
Using my telekinesis, I turn my personal AC room settings to 64 degrees.
I sigh and get comfortable.
Six.
Why can't I stop thinking about her? I HAVE NO CRUSH.
I don't like her.
Sure, she's one badass chick. AND she's Loric.
But I'm not in love with her.
As I close my eyes, my conscious tells me something I won't forget.
You should've talked to her.