4

I can't believe Six would do this. That she would even dare. NOBODY touches my pipe-staff.
Not Six.
Not Four.
NOBODY.
This isn't funny. That's MY staff. It's mine. My precious. I can't think straight without my staff. I'm going after her. Imma find her. But I'll need Ella's help. I'll get me revenge.
Ella, I say. Where is Six? I need you to use your Dreynen on her.
There's a long silence before she answers. Um, Six is in the living room with Sam and Eight. Nine, why do you need me to take her legacies??
I smile to myself. Ella, she took my staff.
I hear her mentally gasp. No way. She wouldn't.
But she did! I tell her. Just use your Dreynen on her when I say the code word.
Okay, but what's the code word?
It takes me about three seconds to come up with the Ultimate Code Word.
The code word is. . . Pizza.
I get no reply from Ella but I assume she heard me. I tiptoe to the living room. Eight and Sam sit attentively on the edge of the couch, their eyes glued to the TV screen. They're watching some dumb SciFi movie. An alien watching a SciFi outer space movie. Ironic.
"Here it comes, man. They're gonna blow up the Death Star." Sam says with excitment.
Eight leans back and face palms. "Dude! That's the third thing you've ruined for me! Seriously, no more spoilers."
"Okay, okay, sorry. I'll shut up." Sam promises and then throws up a weird hand sign. Nerd.
"Yeah," Eight grumbles. "That's what you said the last two times."
I stand a good distance from the couch, out of their sight. I wait a few minutes to see if Six will appear our of no where. But she doesn't. It's time. Pizza! I tell Ella.
No reply. About ten seconds pass. Then I hear it. A surprised yelp. Six appears right behind the TV. Eight and Sam leap to their feet, alarmed expressions on their faces.
"Holy shit!" Sam shouts.
"Ella!" Six yells with anger and exasperation. She holds my pipe-staff in her hand.
Ella giggles and steps out from behind the window curtain. "Sorry, Six. But Nine needed my help."
Six groans. I step forward until our noses are inches apart. I put on my angry face, which isn't hard considering that right now I'm pissed. I try my best to intimiate her. I'm more than a half foot taller and I'm buff. She should be cowering in fear. But she simply smirks. A tingling sensation of power washes over me. My legacies are back. Hers aren't, which makes me stronger by far.
"Six," I say, as if I'm talking to a guilty toddler. "Give me my pipe-staff. Now."
Six raises an eyebrow, her arms crossed. I'm debating whether or not I should snatch my staff out of her hand, when she suddenly lashes out with the staff and wacks me on the head with it.
I immediately shake it off. It didn't hurt. "Are you sure you wanna play this game?" I ask. I'm giving her a chance to surrender. This is a battle she won't win.
She holds out a hand in a come on gesture. "Bring it."
All the while, Sam stands with his mouth hanging open while Eight chuckles delightfully.
"Yay! A fight! Shall I get the others?" Eight asks.
"Hell yeah," I say cracking my knuckles. Because like I always say.
If the girl wants to play, let her play.
****
After Eight tells the others about the fight, we all gather in the living room. Eight and Marina sit together. A bit too close, if you ask me. Unless they're a thing now. Johnny sits by Sarah, who wasn't at breakfast. Don't ask me why. Why the hell would I keep up with her weird human schedule? And nerdy Sam sits by little Ella.
"Dude, are you sure you wanna do this?" John had asked me earlier. "I mean, she's a girl."
"So what? Hey, I didn't challenge her. She did." I had answered.
Now all of my comrades sit silently on the chairs and sofas, awaiting entertainment. Four looks partially annoyed that this unnecessary battle is taking place at all. and I don't blame him. Sure, I love fights. Punching stuff is fun. But Six? I cant- I won't hurt Six. Well, I haven't exactly considered that we have Marina and Four to heal the damage. That gives me a bit of confidence for the fight.
Eight laughs and rubs his hands together. His green eyes sparkle and he's obviously excited. "I got ten bucks bet on you, Six! Beat his ass!"
"Um, go Nine. And go Six." Johnny cheers halfheartedly.
Ella happily shouts, "Beat her up, Nine! You're way stronger than her! Sorry, Six!"
"One," Sam says. He doesn't look all too happy that his crush is about to get pummeled.
"Two,"
Six bounces on the balls of her feet, her fists ready. Her hands are free of my pipe-staff which makes me feel like I've already won. Sorta.
"Three!"
I swing at her stomach. But at the same time she jabs at my rib. We both grunt and pant as we land our blows. Everyone else won't stop cheering. Eight and Ella are the loudest of the bunch. At one point, I get Six to the ground. I pin her arms above her head, which only uses one of my hands to do. She thrashes her legs, trying to escape but my grip is iron. We both fight a bit consciously, keeping in mind that we have an audience. We both breathe hard and we stare into each others eyes. Our faces are six inches apart and the whole world seems to slip away as I search her soul. She's so beautiful. For a split second, my love for her gets the best of me and I feel guilty for beating her in the fight. Eventually, Six's faze drops from mine. She accepts her defeat and drops her head to the floor. I roll off of her and onto my back.
"Woah," everyone says.
"Yay, Nine you won!" Ella squeals and throws her arms around me as I sit up.
"Man, that was intense." Eight says, laughing.
"Yeah," Sam agrees as he helps Six to her feet.
"Good job, Nine," Johnny says, patting me on the back.
I'm surprised by what I do next. I'm usually one to praise myself for victory. I guess my dumb feelings for Six have changed me. "Good fight," I say with a grin. I offer her my hand.
She shakes it, smiling also. "Good fight. And your welcome."
I knit my eyebrows. "What?"
She gets serious again. "I didn't have to give you your staff back, you asshat."
"Um, yeah you did. You'd be dead right now if you had'nt."
She laughs and rolls her eyes. "You keep telling yourself that." She looks me in the eyes. And smiles. At me. A warm and kind smile that she's never gifted me with before. I try to match the sincerity. I probably look like a bafoon. She'd never fall for me. She's too independent and shit like that.
While Marina and Four patch up Six and me, Sam and Eight continue their War of Stars movie. Or whatever it's called.
I need to let my emotions go. Last time they got out of control. . . my best friend died. My protector. My father
I can't allow myself to feel this way for Six. What'll happen if we're in the middle of battle and these feelings come up? Something really bad could happen because it. Feelings get in the way of what really matters. Love becomes a distraction. People get hurt. We're at war. I don't have time for a girlfriend, unlike Johnny. I don't approve of Four having a girlfriend. Something bad will happen to Sarah. She can't be in the middle of a war with us. If she dies. . . When she dies, we won't have time to grieve. We need to focus on training and getting stronger. And then, we're gonna take out Setrakus Ra once and for all. And next time, he will not get away from us.