Prologue

It seemed that I was the odd one out, my anxiety was making a record this day. My first day of school, the one I had just transferred to. Funny how it was almost instantaneous that I found a group of people I could be acquainted with. They didn't even ask for my name, they just kind of told me they liked my hair and I should sit with them; so I did. The first bell didn't ring for another twenty minutes.

New faces passed by every moment, sparking my curiosity. I began to wonder who was in my classes, my lunch, who would be my future friends; it was all kind of interesting to think about. No one in particular had caught my eye until I spotted a tanned dirty blonde girl, who appeared to have a very athletic body and chocolate brown eyes.

"Damn" I whispered under my breath, causing some of my new acquaintances to stare at me for a moment before trying to see what I was looking at but before I knew it she had disappeared into the crowded hallways.

"Whatcha looking at?" the girl across from me giggled.

"Huh? Oh, um I just-" and then the bell rang. I panicked and took the opportunity to book it out of the cafeteria with my backpack in one hand and schedule in the other.

Level 2 french was the first class on the list and I found it fairly quickly. The room was already packed full of students who were sitting and talking with their friends they hadn't seen since the previous school year. Normally, I would be calm and just take a seat but she was there- the brown eyed girl that had caught my attention back in the cafeteria. Her eyes shifted towards me and I quickly turned away and sat next to someone who I thought appeared to be friendly.

"Bonjour la classe! Je m'appelle Madame Lepage" The teacher stood in front of the whiteboard and her gaze seemed to be on me.

"Madame Lepage, we already know you." Captain obvious announced

"Ah, oui! But our new friend Madeline does not!"

Oh no, I was being called out, all eyes were directed at me as if there was something wrong with me.

"Madeline, have you picked out your french name yet?"

"Ah, oui, Lucie" I replied softly, trying to get the eyes off of me.

"Perfect! Who would like to introduce themselves to Lucie first?"

Surprisingly, someone immediately volunteered, I heard their chair screech across the floor quickly as they stood up. I turned to see who it was and I realized that it was the brown eyed girl from before. My face turned a slight pink.

The girl smiled and waved at me "Hi! I'm Charlotte, a junior and honors French 2."

Charlotte...Now that was beauty at it's finest, everything else just seemed to fly right by me, all I could think about was her, Charlotte.