Chapter 20

"What are we going to do?" Sara whispered. "They'll kill him."

"How long do we have?" Jason asked.

Rosalie sighed, "They haven't decided yet. Logan is trying to get them to give us a year, but he doubts they'll allow Dimitri to live for that long. I hate to admit it, but a feral wolf is extremely dangerous to the kingdom. Especially one as strong as my mate."

Sage bit her lip, "First step is to find out who drugged him. Whatever drug that was, caused my father to become feral. If we find out what type of drug it is, maybe we could find the antidote."

Mason nodded in agreement, "How do we go about this?"

"I'm not entirely sure." Sage whispered.

Dimitri's brothers all leaned against the wall, burried in their own thoughts. Alaricas stood on the other side of the room, also, drowned in his own thoughts.

No one knew why Dimitri was targeted, but they had a feeling it's out of jealousy. Rose sighed as she rubbed her stomach, feeling the scarred flesh from his claws.

"Please don't tell me you're pregnant." Sage sounded.

Rosalie shook her head, "No...I have scars..."

They all gave her a sad look, knowing how much this was hurting her. Every night they could hear Dimitri's screams from the dungeon as his wolf tried forcing him to shift. The silver chains around him will never break though. No matter how strong a wolf may be.

Rose sighed and left the room, needing to escape the tense atmosphere.

She silently walked along the halls, trying to think of who would do this to her husband. She came to a halt in front of his office and frowned. She slowly opened the door and stepped in. She took a large wiff, furrowing her eyebrows when an odd scent hit her nose.

She kept sniffing around until she found an old stain. She sniffed it, scrunching up her nose. It was blood, but it wasn't Dimitri's. She sniffed it again, she recognized that scent.

The Summit pack.