2 | maybe splenda daddy at most

Song: Mami by Priceless Da Roc ft. Panopoly & Princess Drop Dehd

Depicted Above: Diego Barrueco as Quinn Carter

|||

Third period had long since began, and this Wednesday could not have progressed any slower. It had been two days since the Starbucks run in with Quinn, and I was losing my mind trying to figure out why twenty names were on that list. I tried running all the names on Google. Most of the search results didn't pull up with anything significant. Half way in I gave up, exhausted by the workload of homework I had to finish. I would have gotten a better head start that day had I not been stood up for my study session with Kev at Starbucks.

I looked up at the prompts on the projector screen of the classroom and started to form some coherent answers with my table group, which was luckily consisting of this six weeks Trey, Julia, C.J., Vin, and Joshua. Overall a pretty turnt table. A turnt table that also ended up getting no work done. Our table like everyone else's ended up getting off task within the first five minutes of group talk. It was great. Until we got called on. That part? Yeah, not so great.

I scooted to my side to talk to Kevin who was at the table adjacent to me. "So which girl was it this time that you had to blow off our Starbucks date, Kev?"

"Dude, I'm sorry Leia. And this time unfortunately it wasn't a girl. Parents got mad, and I got grounded."

"Kevvvvv, I waited like forty-five minutes to review APES* with you. I drove and everything. Ugh. You lil' piece of shit. I'm still mad. I looked dumb as hell waiting for company for forty-five minutes. The barista was about to hand me a sympathy frapp, dude."

"I'm sorry, Lay-Layyy. Parentals got mad at me. They just went ape-shit for no reason. Ha-ha. See what I did there... y'know APES and ape-shit?"

I deadpanned, and he shut up explaining his pun. I secretly did enjoy the pun. I could always appreciate a good pun, but I wouldn't give Kevin the satisfaction of knowing I did right now.

"They heard me playing League at like four, and they think I have a problem. Obsession or something. If there was a League-aholics Anonymous, you know they'd enroll me in."

I cracked a smile even though I wanted to keep pouting for that Starbucks no-show. I could't help it, and I was soon laughing my ass off.

"Whatever, next time don't send me a 'I'm sorry, can't make it.' text that late."

Kevin smiled because he knew just as well as I did it was way too hard for me to be mad at that.

I turn around focusing on our table's new topic of interest.

"Alright, class. Think five minutes should've been good enough for you. I'm gonna cold-call for the first question." Mrs. Aldridge with a Dr. Pepper in hand went to grab her cup of popsicle sticks to call on someone.

As she dug around, the lunch bell rang. Typical. Aldridge never focused on the time. Christ, her time management was nonexistent and so was our co-English teacher's—Mrs. Benson. Nine times out of ten we'd get cut off with the B lunch bell. Maybe if Aldridge actually taught us instead of guzzling down the Dr. Pepper, and Benson stopped watching so many cat videos in class we would actually get work done and leave for lunch without being cut off.

|||

Lunch came and went, and we walked back into class not really caring to lower our voices in the classroom or get on task. Alex, Julia, and I were in an intense conversation about the term "daddy" and if it was okay or not for a girl to call her boyfriend that.