Chapter 3: His Butler, Father

Sebastian served his master breakfast, told him his schedule, went about his daily chores. He did all he usually did. What was different this time, however, was that the young master was consuming his mind. The earl was acting so out of character that it was very concerning. Perhaps he was just going through his teenage stage?
Crimson eyes looked down at pale skin.... Ciel Phantomhive.....

-----

Ciel could feel the butler's eyes on him, those unnatural red eyes. Did he know? Could he sense it? Smell it? Sebastian must know, because be has been staring are Ciel far longer than is really necessary.
"Are you going to just keep staring at me?" Ciel snapped. "Take a picture, it'll last much longer!"
Sebastian was taken aback by this behavior. His master was normally calm, but today he had been so off that the demon was afraid that something deeper than just teenage rebellion was going on.
"I apologize, master, " Sebastian said smoothly. "I am just concerned. You have been acting strange all morning. "

Ciel looked at Sebastian, his blue eye alight with anger. That orb bore into the demon, but it did not last long.
Suddenly, the boy's face contorted and terrible sobs began coming from his trembling lips. The earl curled in on himself, falling from his study chair.
Sebastian was shocked but quickly ran to his master's side, pulling him into his lap.
"Master, why are you crying? "
He was answered with more trembling and louder sobs.
He sighed. "Bocchan, please. Allow me to help you."
Ciel grabbed at Sebastian's pants leg, his tears staining the fabric.
"Ciel..." Sebastian whispered, stroking the boy's hair. He wanted to make those tears go away, to make Ciel laugh I stead of cry. What could he do? He felt so helpless.

The earl of Phantomhive looked up at Sebastian, his eye rimmed puffy with red, his lip quivering. He looked like he had been crying for hours.
"Sebastian...I......" what could he say? What could he do?
Instead of saying anything, he leaned into the demon's chest, wrapping his little arms around him.
Sebastian took this as a good, yet odd, sign, and hugged back. He held his master close to him, listening to that beating heart. Thump, thump, thump.
He held him and rocked him gently, like a child.....
"Master, do you miss your parents?"
Ciel sniffed and mumbled, "yes."
Sebastian kissed the top of the bluenette's head. He whispered softly,
"Do you wish that your father could still hold you?"
At these words, Ciel nodded feircly and cried silently, his little body trembling again.
The demon felt a pang of sorrow for his young master.
"Then...would you like for me to...treat you in a...familiar way?"
Ciel looked up, his body tensing. "You mean, like my father?" he asked, his voice hoarse from tears.
Sebastian nodded. "I would hold you, scare the monsters of your dreams away. I would do as you wish me to do. Not to replace your father, but to.....stand in, if you will. "
The blue-eyed earl sat staring at his demon butler in amazement. He would do that? Did Sebastian want to do that? To be...a father, to Ciel?
"Would you....want..to do that?" Ciel asked quietly.
The demon smiled. "Yes. I think it would benefit you, and be a learning experience for me."
Ciel looked into those red eyes, analyzing them for truth. He found no lies or evil intent, only shining anticipation.
"Would you mind if I...call you Daddy?" he asks, his face red.
Sebastian bursts into deep laughter, his black hair falling into his face as he chortled and nearly fell over.
"It is not funny!" bellowed the boy, crossing his arms.
The butler recovers quickly, and says," no, it is not. I was merely amused by it because it sounded a bit...vulgar," he ended with a chuckle.
Ciel Phantomhive was so embarrassed that be hid his face in his hands, the tips of his ears red as an apple.
"Master, you may call me as you wish. I apologize for having a filthy mind. I am a demon after all," Sebastian chuckles again, his eyes flaring.
He makes Ciel uncover his face, revieling pink cheeks and a shining blue eye.
Sebastian smiled down at him, hugging him close. He will be a good father to Ciel. He will give him everything his heart desires, including his revenge.
He will endure his son is happy. That is the father aesthetic, after all.

Thank you for reading! I am hoping to make each chapter longer. Please keep up with the story :)