✒ Five (Needs Editing)

The last thing I was wanted to do was enter a pub that night

The last thing I was wanted to do was enter a pub that night. Not one, not even two- about five of them. It was sickening and gloomy with ear-splitting music and stench of alcohol and pot everywhere. Upon that, some jackass spilled his drink over me and most of the revolting smell came from me.

Church Street was one of the pub hubs of the city and finding Kabir admist the crowd was one heck of a task. To make matters worse, he didn't even know the name of the pub he was in.

He'd said, "I don't know, bruh. There aren't lot of people in here. I'm just alone and sad and the bartender here is jus soo funny!" He laughed aloud.

After a while, I ended up in one such place that matched his description. There weren't much people in here because it wasn't one of the posh pubs like others. It had a sort of tavern feel to it. The place wasn't big enough and had around six tables out of which only two were occupied. As I passed one of the tables, I suppressed my urge to gag as the smell of vomit filled my nostrils. When I looked at the man, I almost passed out when I saw him sleeping on his own vomit.

The sooner I find Kabir, the sooner I can get out of this place.

I made my way to the bar and saw someone sitting there. Unkempt hair, creased shirt and a loose tie hung around his neck. He swigged his glass empty and the bartender refilled it for him. Then, he said something and the bartender laughed.

The first one to take notice of my presence was the bartender himself. He looked my way and the person in the chair turned around as well. His red swollen eyes went wide and he ran to engulf me into a brotherly hug.

"David!" He shouted and plopped me into one of the chairs. "This is the man I have been telling you about!"

"Your flat mate?" David, the bartender, smirked at me as if he knew something about me that he shouldn't.

Kabir nodded and swigged from his glass, again.

"Kabir, lets go home." I stood and grabbed his hand to lead him to the door. There was no limit to his drinking and the longer we stayed here, the more trouble it caused.

"Hey... Not so fast!" David called from behind. We had only advanced two steps regardless of Kabir's protests. "You should try one of my favorites. Kabir loves it." He started mixing drinks and other ingredients without even waiting for my approval.

"No thanks." I shook my head and continued to walk to the front door.

"C'mon!" He shouted over the music. "Don't worry, it's on the house."

I was already having the worst night of my life and this guy wasn't making it any better. "I said, no thanks!"

"Don't bother..." Kabir snickered. "He doesn't drink. He hasn't heard Shaw say, alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life."