Chpt. 3; I Want To Be Free

—•~#Kayla's P.O.V#~•—
     I woke up around two o'clock in the morning. I heard booming footsteps, thinking they were the police, I tried to hide somewhere, I cradled my legs and stayed backed into a corner. I felt safer than usual, not to mention that I thought that cops were on the lookout for me. I heard faint, familiar voices.

     "Man, that concert was awesome." The first voice said.

     "Yeah, but it's great to be back in Los Angeles. So we can write more songs."

     Then it clicked; it was Danny and the rest of his band. I crawled to the entrance of the alley, I was going to tell him what happened.

     I whispered, "Danny..." They stopped in their tracks, "It's me, Kayla. I'm behind you."

     They spun around, seeing me crouched down on my knees, halfway in the alleyway with matted hair and ripped clothes I use as pajamas. He ca,e up to me, squinting from the street lights. "Kayla... Anderson?"

     My eyes lit up like a light bulb, he remembered me. Or did he?

     I flung up. "It, was just a dream....." I teared up a little, "Just a dream." I was full out sobbing now, my throat feeling like fingers wrapped around it and are trying to strangle me. It's been almost a month, no signs of Danny. Maybe, he moved? Or, on tour? I don't exactly know, but I want him to come and sweep me off my feet—tell me it's okay. Even though it's not, I want him to tell me lies.

I decided to go out for a walk, get my mind cleared off of these Danny thoughts, still hiccuping from my break down a little but ago. I watched street lights flicker, illuminating the roads with the yellow tint.

     "M-Maybe, just maybe. That dream w-will come true..." I hiccuped.

     Then something hit me. It didn't hurt, it felt like a small hit. My heart told me to turn around. But my brain said otherwise.

     Whenever I was doubting to be saved, or seeing Danny again, the most wonderful thing happened.

     "Hey kid. Um, are you lost?"

     That familiar voice made all the hairs on my arm stand up. I turned around, looking at the only friend I thought of helping me, right here. Or, maybe my vision was messing with me. Since it was basically still a blur.

     "Danny?..." I gasped out.

     I blinked to get the tears away, then my world became darker. And, dizzier. I dropped to my knees and my world went black.

     Only to hear the sound of his voice. "I'm sorry Kayla..."

-----
Sorry it was short and it sucked, no Kayla isn't dead. I'm leaving it with a cliffhanger. Hehehe, me so evil. Anyways, this book isn't ending anytime soon. So stay tuned! Byez ✌🏻️ for now.