The beginning

"Finally, I'm so glad to be home!" Austin, Taylor's younger brother stuck his head out the window of the car. They just got home from Italy, where they stayed for the past 2 years.
Once they pulled into the driveway, Austin shot out of the car and went up to the house. "Thrilled to be back." Taylor mumbled under her breath. She really misses Italy already. Taylor brought all her stuff up to her old bedroom.

"Mom," Austin yelled for his mother, Andrea. "Yes?" Andrea replied. "I'm going to Noel's, could you give me a ride?" Austin asked, Noel was his best friend. "I need to get the house set up, Taylor could you drive him?" Andrea asked Taylor hopefully. Taylor groaned a little "Fine, I'll drive him." Taylor finally said. "Could you pick me up, too?" Austin asked. "Fine," Taylor grumbled. "Go get ready."

A few minutes later, Taylor and Mike got into Andrea's car. Taylor turned the car on and started driving. They drove for about 5 minutes. "So are you happy to be back?" Austin asked, typing something into his phone. Taylor pulled up to Noel's house, not answering Austin's question. "When should I pick you up?" Taylor asked. "Uh, five." Austin answered then ran into Noel's house.

Taylor checked the time, it was 3:15. She needed to kill some time. She drove around town for a while. Then she saw Snooker's, the college bar near Hollis. She still had an hour and a half until she needed to pick Austin up.

Eventually she parked the car and went inside Snooker's. Apparently they didn't need to check IDs at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. She sat at the bar up front. "What can I get you?" The scruffy old bartender asked her. "A cheeseburger, please." She answered.

"How's it going down there?" A man's voice asked her. Taylor looked to see who it was. A guy with dark hair and eyes sitting 3 chairs away was looking at her. He was wearing a blue polo shirt and jeans. Taylor smiled at him.

"I'm a bit jet lagged, I just got back from Italy." She said. "That's cool. So what's your name?" The guy asked. "I'm Taylor." She told him. He smiled. "I'm Tom," he told her. "God, I love this song." Taylor said when her favorite song came on. "B-26?" Tom asked. Taylor smiled.

Taylor and tom talked for over an hour. Apparently, they had a lot in common. They both went through about 5 drinks. "I'm going to go to the bathroom." Taylor said, fumbling to get up. "Can I come with you?" Tom asked woozily. Then he blinked. "Was that too forward of me?" He asked. Taylor smiled. Hooking up with strangers at a bar wasn't usually her thing, but something felt different today, she felt more bold than usual.

Taylor led Tom to the ladies' bathroom. Luckily, it was empty. Tom hoisted Taylor onto the counter where the sinks are. She wrapped her legs around Tom's waist and they started kissing intensely. Tom kissed Taylor's neck as he held onto her waist.

Eventually, they both emerged from the bathroom. "I should probably go home." Taylor said. "Here's my number." Then she grabbed a pen and an old napkin from her purse and wrote down her phone number. She handed it to Tom. "Thanks," Tom smiled. "Well I should get going, see ya." He said. "Bye," Taylor said. Then she grabbed her purse and left the bar.