|•Chapter 2•| The man in black

"Lace, can you go to the farm and ask the farmer for 2 dozen eggs?" my mom called down to me.
"Sure! I'll be back in a little while," I reply. I grab my coat, and my key to the house and hurry out the door. Taking my car isn't necessary, because the farm is a little under a mile away. I could go to the store that's right around the corner, but mom asked for 2 dozen fresh farm eggs, so that's what I'm going to get.
I paid the $12 and collected my 2 dozen eggs.
My route home sends me right through the forest. There has always been something off about that forest, but I can't place my finger on it. I'm just under 1/2 a mile away when in the corner of my eye I see something deeper into the woods. I see a man standing in all black holding something in his hand. He doesn't seem to notice me, which may or may not be a good thing. Something seems off about him, but he looks lost. I leave the eggs on a stump and take a path that leads me to him. I arrived at the location where I believe to have seen the man standing in black.
"That's odd.... There's no one here!" I whisper.
I swear he was here a minute ago. There was no footsteps, or any signs that a man was here. I look around for a few minutes, and I can't find anything. I check my watch, and its almost time for dinner! My mom needs the eggs! I rush back to where I left the eggs, and I'm almost there when I notice the eggs were no longer there.
"What?" I say in shock.
The 2 dozen eggs were... Gone? How could this be? I walk closer, and now see a crumpled piece of paper that was left where the eggs were. I grab a hold of the piece of paper, open it up, and read the scribbled message on it.

Go home. I left a surprise for you

Go home? I left a suprise waiting for you? The man in black knows where I live? Maybe he saw the eggs I left and brought them to my doorstep. I run home, with the paper in hand-trying to figure out what the surprise could be other than the eggs.
When I arrived home, I didn't hear anyone and the door was open. Wide open. Strange. I walk up to my door, and enter inside. I walk into the family room, and everything is perfectly fine. The kitchen was messy-like how it was when I left. Tea in the kettle, food ready to be cooked. Nothing is new or different downstairs, maybe its upstairs. I walk upstairs, and the only noise is the sound of the tea in the kettle. Nothing. Nothing. The sound of the tea in the kettle is screahing louder. Nothing. Nothing. Louder and louder. The last room upstairs. The tea kettle is screaching louder that a baby crying at 3 am. I open the door, and my brother Joey is dead.

Question: Do you like if I leave little authors notes down here? Anyway, I decided to create a schedule for posting edits. For this story I'll post a new part on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. So add Forever in your Heart to your library so you are up to date with the story!

I don't know how I'm doing with the details, but I think its okay.

Thanks for Reading  the 2nd Chapter!!!!!! If you enjoyed, it would mean so much if you left a vote and shared the story with your friends! 

See you on Tuesday!

~Catherine