|•Chapter 3•|

Joey is dead. Thats the suprise. I stepped into the room where Joey lay dead. I examine the room to see if anything was left behind on purpose or by accident. I check the closet in the corner, and find my brother Aiden tied up with duck tape over his mouth.

"Sorry Aiden."
The duck tape that was once covering is mouth was on the ground.
"Ow!!!!!" Aiden exclaimed. 

After helping Aiden I looked at Joey. I kneeled down in front of him, and wished that either he was just sleeping or that this was a cruel dream and I would wake up any second. But, no. This is the sad reality. I have to face the fact that Joey is really dead, and I have no idea where mom is, and Aiden was locked up in a closet... And this all happened when I walked to go get eggs. 

"Aiden. What. Happened?" I shout, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Calm down Lace, your gonna make this 10 times worse to explain if your screaming." Aiden replied.

"Be calm? Be calm.... Oh yeah sure! I'll just "pretend" that Joey is not lying dead on the floor..." I say sarcastically. How does Aiden think that I'm gonna just gonna stop freaking out about this? My brother is dead! He was sitting playing video games 10 minutes ago before I left! 

"Lacey. The man came out of the blue... he came out of nowhere," Aiden said. 

"What did the man look like exactly?" I ask. Don't tell me. 

"Well, he was wearing all black and had brown hair." Aiden replied.

"The man in black." I say.

"Lace? Are you okay? Who's the man in black?" Aides asked.

"While I was walking home, I took the forest route because it was quicker. While I was walking, in the distance I saw a man all in black who looked lost; I placed the eggs down and followed the path that would lead me to the man. When I got there, he was gone. When I went to retrieve the eggs, I saw this note." I showed Aiden the note that was left in place of the eggs. 

"That is very strange." Aiden said looking at the note carefully. 

"You never told me what happened here, what lead up to... this," I say.

"Alright, mom was cooking dinner so Joey and I were playing up here waiting. In the middle of our video game, mom called up to us and said she was going to get a last minute ingredient for dinner and that I was in charge. Mom left, and after a few minutes Joey swore he heard a knock on our window-" Aiden said.

"Wait, window? We're on the 2nd floor!" I exclaim. 

"Let me finish- so, Joey got up and opened the window... he looked around and no one was there. He left the window open, and sat back down playing with me. While we were playing, we both felt something on our shoulders. We looked at each other, and looked behind us. Standing over us holding a gun was a man in black. He told us both to stand up with our hands up. At that moment, I wasn't sure if we were being robbed or this guy just wanted to kill us. He looked at me, then to Joey. He took a few steps closer to me, and went to grab something from his pocket. I was looking at him eye-eye. He then grabbed me, and grabbed something from his pocket. It was rope and duck tape. He tied me up and ripped a piece of duck tape off. 

"Do you have any last words?" the man asked me. 

"Your gonna kill him!" Joey exclaimed. 

"No. I'm gonna kill you." he said. He grabbed his gun immediately and fired 4 shots... all hitting Joey in the chest. 

"JOEY!" I shout. "WHAT DID YOU DO YOU MONSTER!" 

"I gave you a chance to say goodbye, but you took to long." the man said.  "Now... it's your turn." All of a sudden. The man stopped. He darted towards the window, and looked frightened. 

"Shit.. Lacey. He took the piece of duck-tape in his hand, slapped it on my mouth, threw me into the closet, and locked it form the outside. 

"And that's when you came." Aiden concluded. I didn't realize how much could happen in so little time. 

"Wow. I can't imagine how I would feel if I watched this all happen." I said.

"And before he left he said... I'll make sure that I ruin that girls life, even if it's the last thing I do." 

//What just happened? Was that a good chapter? I know I wrote a bad word, but it was to express the character and how he was feeling. I have a few ideas in my head, and I'm excited to share them with you guys! 

If you enjoyed and would like to see more, hit that follow (its free) and, you'll be notified when I write some more! Thanks for the support! See you Thursday for another update//

~Catherine