|Chapter XVIII|

Ivypool  woke up to Rainkit prodding her in the side. Yesterday, MS has told her he would need to get another shot today, which Rainkit was not excited about. She blinked open her eyes and looked at her sister's kit. Rainkit was staring at her, his eyes wide. She saw MS sitting a little ways off with the needle. Ivypool got up, nuzzling Rainkit as she did so. He pushed himself against her leg, a clear sign that he didn't like getting shots. She nuzzled him again, trying to calm him down.

MS took a few steps forward, approaching Rainkit. Rainkit let out a small squeak, but didn't move. Ivypool started stroking the little kit with her tail, succeeding in calming him down a little bit. MS gave Rainkit the shot, then pulled away. Rainkit hopped a couple of steps away and Ivypool followed him.

"I don't like shots!" Rainkit squeaked, pawing at the air.

"Well, if you don't want to go back to Dovewing, then you have to have them," Ivypool told him with a gentle mew.

Rainkit huffed and pouted, pawing at the leaves. Ivypool rolled her eyes and stretched, looking at the sky. She looked over at MS, who teleported away. She sighed, and looked at the Gathering Island from the den. MS was talking to Dovewing, who didn't look happy at all. Ivypool climbed out of the entrance, hiding in some leaves. She climbed to a lower branch and strained her ears to hear Dovewing and MS.

"Give me my kit back!" Dovewing growled angrily.

"He doesn't want to go back to you right now," MS mewed calmly.

"He needs milk! It's not like my sister can give him that!" The she-cat protested.

"That situation has been taken care of."

"What?"

Ivypool rolled her eyes and jumped out of the tree, walking over to the two cats. Dovewing noticed her and started glaring. Before her sister could say anything, Ivypool put up her tail to silence her.

"Dovewing, Rainkit doesn't want to see you right now. He's upset about what you did to him a little while ago," Ivypool meowed, looking right into her sister's eyes.

Dovewing glared back, her eyes holding challenge. They sat there for what felt like moons, just staring into each other's eyes, while MS watched. Ivypool eventually turned her gaze to look at MS.

"Now, Dovewing, why argue with your leader if you know you aren't getting anywhere?" She mewed, still looking at MS.

Her sister hissed in frustration. Her golden-yellow eyes sparked with anger as she glared at both Ivypool and MS.

"Why him? Why did you have to go with him? We used to be so close, Ivypool, then he came along!" Dovewing growled, her eyes a little watery.

Ivypool looked at her sister, her eyes giving nothing away.

"I chose him when you got a mate, Dovewing."

Dovewing let out one last growl before turning and running back towards ThunderClan's old territory. Ivypool watched her sister go, no hint of regret in her blue eyes. MS looked at Ivypool, his blue eyes returning.

"Ivypool?" MS mewed softly.

The grey and white she-cat looked at him, "Hm?"

"Why do you fight with your sister? All of this could've been avoided if I'd never hung out with you at all."

Ivypool's eyes grew wide. Why did she fight with her sister? She blinked, thinking about it for a second. Do I love him? No, that can't be it...

"I'm not sure..." She answered, her mew uncertain.

MS tilted his head, then teleported them both back up to his den. He sighed, then teleported away, leaving Ivypool and Rainkit alone. Rainkit was curled up in a little ball asleep, so Ivypool just curled around him. Eventually, sleep took her.

She woke up to the familiar hunting grounds of StarClan. Bluestar stepped into the small clearing, her eyes full of wisdom. Ivypool got to her paws and looked at the former ThunderClan leader.

"Bluestar? Why am I here?"

"Dovewing has yet to trust him, but why?"

"She's just being stubborn..." Ivypool's mew trailed off.

Bluestar looked at her, her eyes skeptical, "Get her to spend more time with him."

Before Ivypool could say anymore, the dream faded. She woke up with a sigh, and looked at Rainkit, who was still asleep. MS was sitting a couple of tail-lengths away, his eyes closed. She got to her paws and walked over, wondering whether or not she should be doing this.

"MS?" Ivypool mewed, prodding him with her paw.

MS' eyes snapped open, their gaze empty. She shivered and stepped back a couple of steps. MS looked around, his blue eyes returning to him.

"Oh... Sorry, you surprised me is all," the white tom meowed.

"No, it's fine. I shouldn't have poked you like that."

Ivypool looked at the ground for a moment and shuffled her paws, unsure if she should ask the question buzzing in her mind. After a couple of moments, she sighed and looked back up at MS.

"Where... Did you come from?" She finally asked.

MS looked at her, slightly surprised for a moment. His gaze flickered across the room, and eventually landed back on Ivypool.

"A place very far away," he answered simply.

Ivypool quietly growled in frustration, "Where is 'very far away'?"

"Somewhere that you should never go, Ivypool."

She stared right into MS' eyes, "Bring me there."

"What?"

"I said, bring me there."

MS' fur was bristling slightly, "It's dangerous!"

"I don't care!"

Her leader's eyes went back to their soulless, eye socket selves, and he looked at her.

"Maybe another time, now, leave the matter alone."

Ivypool huffed and curled back around Rainkit, her back to MS. She shut her eyes, trying to go back to sleep. Why can't he bring me? Is it really that dangerous?

Her thoughts faded away as she fell into another deep sleep. 

|Hey followers! What should I call you people? I don't want to keep calling you followers =P Anyways, I know this chapter is long overdue, I've been procrastinating way too much. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Read on!|